Can you share your Longevity / HealthSpan Regime?

50 mg salt as a whole, this is just out of practical considerations, I get 400 mg tablets really cheap from my pharmacy, which I cut in 8. I realise that lower daily doses might be beter, but that is not practical

1 Like

There are often tablets of lithium orotate or aspartate available with 1mg or 5mg elemental lithium.

This is a pretty epic stack. Do you have any before/after pics you can share?

1 Like

I know, I used to use the swanson Lithium 5 mg (from 125 mg of lithium orotate) every other day. Because I have a special health insurance through my employer, it’s just cheaper to use a prescribed medicine, in this case 400mg lithium carbonate

1 Like

Very similar to my health supplements and prescriptions only adjusted a bit for my age difference of years! Are you in your 40"s?

It’s a great plan… and should work for you.

Similar…and has worked well for for me!

1 Like

Thanks, I will include some pictures in my before and after report on the 17 alpha estradiol experiment I will be doing. I am 1m76 / 5 feet 9,3 inches tall and weigh 85kg / 187,5 pounds. On a good day I can squat 2x my bodyweight and on a separate good day I can deadlift 2,5x bodyweight. I can run 10 mile at a 6,53 mile/h pace ( after a week lower body strenght training break)

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: 17 Alpha Estradiol: Using and Dosing Experiences

Chat GPT is kind of suggesting a dose for me of daily rapamycin between 11 mg and 1554 mg/day for longevity

does rapamycin used for longevity have a mg/kg dosage target?

Yes, rapamycin, a drug that has been shown to extend lifespan in some animal models, does have a target dosage range in terms of milligrams per kilogram of body weight (mg/kg).

The optimal dosage of rapamycin for lifespan extension is still being studied, but in animal models, it typically ranges from 0.1 to 14 mg/kg, depending on the species, sex, age, and other factors. However, it’s important to note that the optimal dosage for humans is still unknown and is an active area of research.

Rapamycin is not currently approved by the US FDA for use in anti-aging or longevity applications, and there are potential risks and side effects associated with its use. It’s always important to consult with a medical professional before taking any medication or supplement, especially for off-label uses.

what is the mouse to human conversion equation for dosage?

Converting dosages from animal studies to equivalent dosages in humans can be challenging due to differences in metabolic rates, body size, and other factors between species. There is no one-size-fits-all conversion equation for mouse to human dosages.

One common approach is to use a scaling factor based on body surface area, which takes into account the differences in body size between species. This approach is known as the “body surface area normalization” method and uses the following equation:

Human dose = (animal dose x (animal weight in grams^0.67)) / (human weight in grams^0.67)

In this equation, the animal dose is typically expressed in milligrams per kilogram of body weight (mg/kg), and the human dose is also expressed in mg/kg. The body weight exponents of 0.67 are used to account for the non-linear relationship between body weight and surface area.

However, it’s important to note that this method is not always accurate and may need to be adjusted based on the specific drug or compound being tested, as well as other factors such as the age, sex, and health status of the animals and humans involved. It’s always best to consult with a medical professional when determining appropriate dosages for any medication or supplement.

what would the dosage be of rapamycin for a 111kg human if the 0.1 to 14 mg/kg equation is used?

Assuming we use the range of 0.1 to 14 mg/kg of rapamycin for a 111 kg human, the corresponding dosage range would be:

• Minimum dose: 0.1 mg/kg x 111 kg = 11.1 mg
  • Maximum dose: 14 mg/kg x 111 kg = 1,554 mg

It’s important to note that the optimal dosage of rapamycin for humans is still being studied and is not yet established. Rapamycin is not currently approved by the US FDA for use in anti-aging or longevity applications, and there are potential risks and side effects associated with its use. It’s always important to consult with a medical professional before taking any medication or supplement, especially for off-label uses.

is this a daily dosage?

The dosage of rapamycin would typically be taken daily, assuming that the purpose of taking the drug is for longevity or other chronic conditions. However, it’s important to note that the optimal dosage and dosing frequency of rapamycin for humans is still being studied and is not yet established.

It’s also important to emphasize that rapamycin is not currently approved by the US FDA for use in anti-aging or longevity applications, and there are potential risks and side effects associated with its use. It’s always important to consult with a medical professional before taking any medication or supplement, especially for off-label uses.

6 Likes

Not sure if chatGPT passed it’s medical licensing yet. :wink:

5 Likes

Bing (secret code name Sydney), seems much better, and is a bit wild, I don’t have access yet. It is based on ChatGPT since Microsoft has made large investments into the creator. It should probably respond better to these types of questions. It has access to the internet and can search.

1 Like

Wild? Whatever would give you that thought?

Also review what was posted at;

2 Likes

I’m 45, what adjustments would you suggest for the future? I just read your experience with topical rapa together with minoxidil, very impressed, will try this in the near future!!

1 Like

I actually paused rapamycin because of abscess problems (I have a tendency). I’m planning to start again at some point.
Most experts recommend pulsing it, which makes totally sense, since you don’t want m-tor to be suppressed all the time.

3 Likes

Don’t trust Dr. GPT. It wraps up by saying to take it daily.

4 Likes

What does “level 1” involve? Seems to me he is swayed by the popular literature. I say throw all the hoi polloi books away. I get a bad taste in my mouth when people take them as gospel.

I like that he provides a brief rationale for all his supplements. Can’t say I believe that they are all working magnificently in concert to extend his healthspan. It seems to me that something is wrong with a protocol that requires that much detail and that many regulations.

Regarding mental health, I don’t believe in CBT (I’m really stubborn) but JS Bach works for me.

Not sure the sterilizer fans are really good for people. But I live with 3 large dogs.

His links are dead now. He must be planning on selling stuff soon.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

He’s moved some of the information over to this new site: https://rejuvenationolympics.com

Not sure what he’s doing with his personal site… probably a new company website coming…

A recent interview: Biohacking Bodyclocks: Meet Oliver Zolman MD, Founder of Living Younger Clinics - nia-faraway

3 Likes

Great thread here. Just discovered it, and am currently taking Rapamycin at 5mg, 1x/wk.

What is JBNSF?

4 Likes

@Ben_Greenfield Hello Ben. Are you that Ben Greenfield? I love your show. Welcome to the party! I’m 6mg/10 days.

1 Like

See here:

A small molecule inhibitor of Nicotinamide N-methyltransferase for the treatment of metabolic disorders

Abstract

Nicotinamide N-methyltransferase (NNMT) is a cytosolic enzyme that catalyzes the transfer of a methyl group from the co-factor S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAM) onto the substrate, nicotinamide (NA) to form 1-methyl-nicotinamide (MNA). Higher NNMT expression and MNA concentrations have been associated with obesity and type-2 diabetes. Here we report a small molecule analog of NA, JBSNF-000088, that inhibits NNMT activity, reduces MNA levels and drives insulin sensitization, glucose modulation and body weight reduction in animal models of metabolic disease. In mice with high fat diet (HFD)-induced obesity, JBSNF-000088 treatment caused a reduction in body weight, improved insulin sensitivity and normalized glucose tolerance to the level of lean control mice.

Full Paper:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-22081-7

Sources:

https://www.selleckchem.com/products/jbsnf-000088.html

https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/product/sigma/sml3431

3 Likes