Can you share your Longevity / HealthSpan Regime?

Dr. Green’s dose is way beyond 0.1 mg per Kg. But then, like me, he is well beyond 47 yo.

1 Like

I have felt that way about many supplements I have been on. I just started NMN, but I have a high bar to clear before I buy again.

Nice approach!!. A few comments. Why do broccoli juice vs. broccoli sprouts ( frozen for best sulforaphane dose). I have not heard of doing the juice, but interested in why this is picked to control p53 mutations. Also, calcium! I know that the history has been to recommend especially in menopausal women for bone density. However, an article that came out, I believe in New England Journal of Medicine that showed no improvement in bone density and an increased risk of kidney stones and plaque formation in the arteries. I will try to find and post it.

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Do you have a reference for this?

Robin is a regular rapamycin twitter poster, I don’t know if he’s on our forums… I agree with you, broccoli sprouts (frozen) are probably best source for juicing or smoothie additions.

3 Likes

Freezing of sprouts:

3 Likes

I think the effectiveness of NMN is also determined by the state of the user. NMN is the first supplement I started taking, and I was probably in an unhealthy state with low energy, so I probably saw more pronounced effects. Likewise, you probably have been exercising, taking supplements, and doing other healthy things. If NMN brings your energy up a tad you might not notice it, but for me, the differential was quite noticeable.

Anecdotally, I had a stock trade that went bad on me earlier in the week and I could only get 3 hours of sleep. Prior to NMN, I would be a zombie the next day. This time, I was functioning at about 90% energy capacity and not making nearly as many mistakes as I would have before. In the past, I would also take a 4-hour nap when I got home. This time, I only needed 15 minutes. Of course, it could be the other supplements or the mild exercise I do as compared to before. Each of us is different and the different interventions have different effects based on a huge number of factors. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa. If you already have the benefits NMN would give you from something else, it may not be useful to you.

3 Likes

Very well could be true. “If it ain’t broke, it don’t need fixin’.”
Some well-respected people still take it. I have to do everything I can to keep my supplement stack under control.
You also mentioned a lack of sleep due to stress.
Eliminating stress should be near the top of the sleep hygiene list.
Sometimes I use l-theanine and valerian before bed to keep my mind from racing if I have had a stressful day.

1 Like

Unfortunately, as an options trader stress is par for the course. I will usually have 1-2 stressful days that affect my sleep each month. It’s also why a lot of financial guys drop dead in their 50s from CVD. I plan to not do this. Trading options is how I make a living so I need to deal with that stress as effectively as possible.

I live in Hong Kong but trade the American market which is unfortunately for me 9 pm to 4 am my time. Hence sometimes I need to be up at 1-4 am if there’s a problem.

2 Likes

Taking melatonin, I presume to keep your biological clock in sync with your work clock?

I do take melatonin on occasions when I need to sleep. The hardest part is when I wake up after 1 am, I sometimes have a hard time going back to sleep. I usually wake up at 5:30 am and try to get to bed around 10 pm. I usually do my research and plan my trades during the day and then execute them from 9 pm to 10 pm and then go to bed. Normally I will wake up around 1 am to use the toilet, and then check on the market. If there’s something that needs handling, I handle it. If not, I go back to bed. Taking melatonin at 1 am throws my schedule out of whack so I usually don’t do that. Sometimes I will take melatonin right before I go to bed, but I am finding it is getting less and less effective.

1 Like

Thanks! That is my reference @Joseph I try to prep for smoothies once a week with some of Dr. Rhonda Patricks suggestions based around broccoli sprouts. I freeze the contents until ready to use.

2 Likes

I could not get the NEJM article to copy, but this repeats the findings.

1 Like

I always thought it was weird that Brenner was so into selling NR without addressing NMNT. If you address that, I’d presume cheap niacin (USP) + Trp would be the easy way to NAD+. Flush sucks but NMN is not too shelf stable so it’s hard to source.

One could try a “natural” NMNT inhibitor for NAD+ until small molecule inhibitors are developed.

Here’s the theory:

5 Likes

I have tweeted David Sinclair and Brenner about this subject of NNMT inhibition as I would imagine they are quite familiar with it in their research. Never received reply or seen them speak about it. It makes more sense to me versus just putting more precursor (NMN or NR) into the system. 5 Amino 1MQ and the molecule in the paper you posted (JBNSF) are two that have some initial research as being viable.

4 Likes

AFAIK, they have not really addressed it. I am certain they know about it with their backgrounds since they put so much stock into it.

I would have presumed either would have by now, but I suppose many of their fans are not quite equipped with biochem literacy

2 Likes

I am currently once again trying to ramp up my niacin intake to 1 gram a day so that I can quit my statin and if it raises my NAD+ levels, so much the better, and yes, the flush sucks. Things that reduce the flush may be counterproductive. I have also read that time-release niacin may be hard on the liver.

I won’t pretend I actually understood the article, but thanks

3 Likes

I think Sinclair called it exercise in a pill. I wish I felt that effect. No difference that I can tell.

2 Likes

I think I would call it the benefits of calorie restriction in a pill. If anything I have lost some muscle mass, but also have lost the aches and pains/ inflammation as well. Expectations are so important when trying a therapy to improve an outcome. Good luck!

2 Likes