Can I take dutasteride with rapamycin

. I am planing to take rapamycine from March 23. And graduly increase it to 5 mg in 5 weeks. I am currently taking dutasteride 0.5 mg for hair loss. can I take dutasteride 0.5 mg tablet with rapamycin. I am 36 year old.

There don’t seem to be any issues with taking the two. If you read this thread on rapamycin for hair growth and repigmentation, you’ll see a number of people using both: Rapamycin for Hair Growth and Hair Pigmentation

Thank you for your reply

There seem to be a possible interaction but to what extent it can produce is not displayed in this chart: https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/dutasteride-index.html (scroll down to ‘S’ for sirolimus).

1 Like

Nobody here has reported any issues, but here is what that site says:

Drug Interactions between dutasteride and sirolimus

This report displays the potential drug interactions for the following 2 drugs:

• dutasteride
  • sirolimus

Edit list (add/remove drugs)

Interactions between your drugs

Moderate

sirolimus dutasteride

Applies to: sirolimus and dutasteride

Using sirolimus together with dutasteride may increase the blood levels and effects of one or both medications. Contact your doctor if your condition changes or you experience increased side effects. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.