Can Fecal Transplants Help Reverse Aging?

Ah - you are correct. I missed that. Good news - things are progressing!

1 Like

Yes. It’s great. I should have posted. It’s a great first step.

How about coffee? People are already enjoying cat poop coffee (Civet coffee). Remember Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson?

1 Like

An interesting DIY Fecal Microbiota Transplants for Anti-Aging and Biohacking page: (be sure to read the comments at the bottom, there are many critical comments on the article).

I wouldn’t do it - but interesting to follow the science as it develops.

4 Likes

Is very expe$$ive;

Another day at work for the civet.

images

1 Like

Very interesting update on an FMT study. Not only did an FMT restore microbiome diversity in an older subject, but that restoration appeared lasting at the 6-month mark

In summary, while the flagellin intervention greatly reduced microbial diversity in the process of greatly improving other metrics, that diversity was restored by fecal microbiota transplant from a young individual. That restoration appears lasting as of the six month mark. The transplant produced small gains in some of the other metrics assessed by Viome, though not to the same degree as the flagellin immunization. That may well be because much of the potential scope for improvement was already achieved. Interestingly, neither intervention did much for Metabolic Fitness.

3 Likes

This also seems like a positive step in the right direction. I’d be curious to know the ages of the donors that Seres is sourcing.

4 Likes