Just a friendly reminder, per Matt Kaeberlein - before we show max life extension in humans, we should show it in easier animal models, mammals, which would be mice. The greatest max life extension in mice we have shown, has been CR, which was demonstrated already in the 1930’s. Rapamycin, which has been around for decades, is not quite as effective as CR. And… after pulling out those two, the cupboard is empty. Thank you for coming!
So, for over 90 years now, we have not beat that intervention (CR) even in mice. For higher primates, it’s even worse. Now you are talking about humans?! Lord have mercy.
Given this pace of “progress” (more accurately “stagnation”, as progress is equal to zero for almost 100 years), we really could say there’s been no substantive progress since the time of Luigi Cornaro from the 1400-1500, or 500-600 years ago when it comes to max life extension of human lifespan.
I’m 67 currently. I am convinced, that even if I were to live another 50 years (won’t happen, lol), I will not witness human max life extension. Once I’m dead it won’t matter because I won’t be around to say “I told you so”, but whatever, I’ll still say it: I don’t believe there will be any “escape velocity” for the next 100 years. So, nobody alive today will witness such an event. It’s “prediction”, so naturally I can’t prove it, only wait to be proven right or wrong - but I won’t be around that long. If I get another 30 years (lucky!), I will only be able to be tested for that long… so, we’ll see. My bet is stagnation for the foreseeable future.












