Bryan Johnson, Is he the New Poster Child for Rapamycin Use?

Yes, and different settings on the device depending on what you’re treating.

I would donate 400K to this trial to finally see Rapa effect on humans

4 Likes

Great to hear - we need a lot more clinical trials on rapamycin, and I hope this is a good start!

3 Likes

I would love to sign my Dad up for this trial

There are a few things mentioned in the Bryan Johnson protocol that I’ve not heard about and know nothing about. If someone who knows what he’s talking about, or knows more about the therapy or testing, please post.

Specifically:

• fat injected into his face… a series of injections to build a “fat scaffolding” in his face that would produce genuine, young-person fat cells. (What is the official name for this treatment procedure?)
  • I inserted my arm into a cardiac health monitor on Johnson’s kitchen island. The machine buzzed and whirred for a few seconds, then reported back that my ticker—at least by one measure—wasn’t that far off Johnson’s. (What is this “cardiac health monitor”?)
  • Threshold Sound Conditioning - is this something that people can do themselves?
    (study referenced: Randomized Controlled Trial Evaluating Threshold Sound Conditioning in the treatment of Sensorineural Hearing Loss (S26.006) | Neurology
  • Anyone know what brand this device is below and what it does? It looks like some sort of LED device.

Ah - I think the above device might be this: Dermalux Flex MD LED Light Therapy Device, About $2,500 but I’m sure lots of lower costs alternatives out there. The technology seems pretty basic.

3 Likes

This is a “standard” used cosmetic surgery procedure.

Has been used for quite some time.

Review link;

Facial Fat Grafting | Cosmetic Surgery | Stanford Medicine.

2 Likes

Ah - I think I’ve found it - thanks! Never heard of it.

Facial Fat Transfer

Facial fat transfer is a minimally invasive plastic surgery procedure that uses your own body fat from your hips, thighs, or stomach to add or restore volume to your face.

Also known as facial fat grafting, fat injections, or lipofilling, the procedure can restore cheek volume, plump thin lips, and smooth deep nasolabial folds and marionette lines. It can also improve the appearance of pitted acne scars.

This multistep outpatient procedure involves extracting fat from one area of the body via liposuction, processing the fat cells with a centrifuge or filter, and then injecting it into the treatment area in tiny droplets (often called “microdroplets”) to plump, lift, smooth, and reduce signs of aging like volume loss.

When the fat is further filtered and refined, it becomes “nanofat” that can rejuvenate thin, crepey skin or fill in tear troughs and under-eye hollows.

Fat is one of the best sources of stem cells, so autologous (“from the same person”) fat transfer can also provide additional facial rejuvenation and anti-aging benefits, thanks to its growth factors and their ability to stimulate collagen growth beyond the area where fat is transferred.

https://www.realself.com/surgical/facial-fat-transfer

1 Like

One criticism of his website that I have (and have made directly to Bryan Johnson and Oliver Zolman, but not had a response but I made the point today so perhaps some patience is warranted) is that they don’t quote the units used.

If we take hsCRP 0.46mg/dL is 4.6mg/L. It is difficult to tell from that what units they are using. The normal range people use under 0.5 or 5 (depending upon whether it is per litre or per decilitre). They say optimal is under 0.55 which might imply they are using decilitres.

1 Like

What is the monitor measuring?

And

Bryan Johnson is NOT the poster boy for rapamycin.

The fact is the Real rapamycin Poster Boy is “Agetron”

Must the photo/audio be posted?

9 Likes

I’m thinking Bryan Johnson becomes a new poster boy only by virtue of the publicity he’s been getting (and because rapamycin is likely the biggest reason for his benefits). My vote is still on @agetron as the best poster boy!

8 Likes

Hahaha…
I am happy to take the rapamycin poster boy for the average Joe in the 64+ plus age catagory.

When I outlive him… I will take the full title. LOL!

10 Likes

Facial fat transfer is a minimally invasive plastic surgery procedure that uses your own body fat from your hips, thighs, or stomach to add or restore volume to your face.

I would consider this treatment…except…rapamycin got rid of all my extra fat. Damn. Seriously.

3 Likes

You already have the Title, they have to try take it from you.

And I do not think they will be successful in the near future.

2 Likes

Impressive, but you’re too young Maintain that another 29 years and you will equal the late Charles Eugster (died at 97 in 2017)…

3 Likes

Wow!
I have genetically better teeth. Lol

Dentist says they are more like a 28 year old.

Found this interesting…92% of Americans over the age of 65 have one or more chronic diseases.

I will be 65 in a few months so far nothing chronic… yeah!

7 Likes

Sow your wild oats. Spread the genes around.

Ironically, Eugster was a dentist. Did not practice what he preached.

2 Likes

Ummm…isn’t thst one of the reasons for reversal of age by 15 to 20 years. Lol.

Works for me.

1 Like

The sample size was selected primarily to satisfy logistic constraints of this feasibility study. As this study is not confirmatory, we do not predicate the sample size primarily on power considerations: arm sizes of 20, assuming no withdrawals, will provide 80% and 90% power, respectively, to detect fairly large Cohen’s effect sizes of 0.8 and 0.9, respectively, at a nominal significance level of 0.1.

I’m reading the study protocol, does this mean it can only detect effect sizes of above 0.8?

edit, 40% chance of stat significance at 0.4 effect size according to chatgpt, so it can detect smaller effect sizes but at a lower likelihood.

2 Likes

Ahhh…the Brad Stanfield clinical trial. Could be good news for all of us.

Link:

https://drstanfield.com/longevity-clinical-studies/

3 Likes