Bryan Johnson, Is he the New Poster Child for Rapamycin Use?

People are still taking resveratrol today. It’ll take at least 5-10 more years until rapamycin becomes “mainstream” in the health-focused circles on the internet.

5 Likes

Which device would be best for night time erections? Adam Sensor or Firmtech’s Tech Ring?

1 Like

I have no idea. I have zero experience with these devices. If you get one please report on it.

2 Likes

I will probably try the Adam Sensor, it seems to be more comfortable.

1 Like
2 Likes

I read the article. Not sure of the accuracy of it. Seems one sided but maybe that’s just me.

If Blueprint takes off and proves to be a worthwhile endeavor, extending lives, extending healthspan and lifespan, that is what he will be remembered for.

3 Likes

I didn’t read it but skimmed the first part. Thought this was interesting… the first time I’ve seen the exact protocol:

According to Johnson, the “penis rejuvenation therapy” involves shocking his appendage three times a week, with the objective to increase his nighttime erections from 2 hours and 12 minutes to 3 hours and 30 minutes.

“[M]ultiple randomized controlled trials showed that shockwave therapy improves erectile dysfunction. We are testing whether it improves total time nighttime erections, subjective sexual performance, sexual satisfaction, and medical imaging-based penile markers,” Johnson wrote

(was relevant the previous post by @alexanderdemaet )

At some point I guess the “Rejuvenation Olympics” will migrate to a model of organ by organ aging competition… who has the youngest and slowest-aging heart, brain, lungs, etc… https://rejuvenationolympics.com

1 Like
1 Like

I read this. I’ve changed my mind on Bryan. I was skeptical of his motives at first. But I’m actually glad he’s doing what he’s doing. The only way we’re ever going to make progress is if someone tests this stuff on humans.
I feel like the articles on him are all predicated on him being a crazy person and how shocked we should all be. It’s tedious and missing the entire point. Bryan has put his head above the parapet and minicircle are rightly taking advantage. The publicity is great and despite the knee jerk reaction -mine included initially- it’s a sign that things are moving forward.

5 Likes

Exactly. My hope is that there’s actually stuff out there that works to slow things down now -aside from Rapa, but we’re never going to know if nobody is willing to test it first.

3 Likes

The latest from Bryan Johnson… he knows how to keep the attention cycle going… I’ll definitely give him that. Redefining “longevity”. He’s the Neal Armstrong of the longevity field, going where no man has gone before.

Source Twitter Post: https://x.com/bryan_johnson/status/1752728500107378832?s=20

Ah, found the full paper: (Open access)

Botulinum Neurotoxin and Its Potential Role in the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction

Results

Two human studies conducted by the authors and two animal studies (one from the authors’ group and one from Canada) were reviewed. These seemed to suggest generally favorable outcomes with the use of BoNT-A in the treatment of ED.

Conclusion

BoNT-A could be a potential therapy for ED. In addition to the findings of the three pilot studies, larger multicenter trials need to be conducted to further explore the true therapeutic efficacy and clinical safety of BoNT-A in the treatment of ED.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2050052117300859

3 Likes

It’s like I am watching Jodorowsky’s The Holy Mountain. I cannot predict what comes next.

3 Likes

Dick jokes are nothing new. The question he should ask is why semen is the body fluid with the highest concentration of citrate. What does the zygote know that we have forgotten?

3 Likes

He does seem overly focused on his “johnson” hahaha!

Maybe for some guys 1 cm increased length means something? :thinking:

Cracks me up… he is so serious on the details.

3 Likes

I believe these are the two papers BJ is quoting:

Results

Two weeks post treatment, the treatment group showed a statistically significant improvement in the mean EHS, PSV, EDV, and GAQ-Q1 positive responders (p < 0.001) compared to the control group. At 6- and 12-weeks post treatment, the treatment group showed a statistically significant improvement in the SHIM scores, SEP-2, and GAQ-Q1&Q2 positive responders compared to the control group. At 6 weeks, where there was a 5-point improvement in the mean SHIM score of the treatment group (10±5.9 from 5.4±1.7 at baseline) versus no improvement in the placebo group, 18 patients in the treatment group (53%) were able to have an erection hard enough for vaginal penetration versus only one patient in the control group.

Conclusion

BoNT-A is safe and effective as a potential treatment for ED refractory to PDE5I therapy.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/andr.13104

Results

Significant improvement in all parameters, that is, SHIM score & Erection Hardness Score (EHS), Sexual Encounter Profile (SEP), Global Assessment Score (GAS), and Doppler parameters (p < 0.001) was observed in patients of BTX-100 and BTX-50 groups with maximum improvement at 3rd month of treatment. Around 40% of patients were responders and were able to engage in sexual intercourse. Patients in placebo group did not experience significant improvement (p = 0.264). It was noted that at the 2nd week and 3rd months after treatment, there was no statistically significant difference in the improvement of these parameters in BTX-100 and BTX-50 groups (p > 0.05). In the 6th month, there was a statistically significant difference between the aforementioned groups in favor of BTX-100 (p < 0.01).

Conclusions

Only one-time ICI of BTX (50 U and 100 U) is effective and safe for the treatment of refractory ED. This agent has a considerable long duration of action, particularly BTX-100U seems to be more durable.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/andr.13010

3 Likes

I’ll be honest I’m interested in shockwave therapy after the last post. Increased sensitivity sounds interesting. I think i’ll hold off on the Botox though :rofl:

3 Likes

If you do any research on the costs of these types of therapies, please post the pricing information. I’d like to do a poll here to see how many people would do this type of thing… at the pricing level its currently at.

1 Like

Actually… I see my dermatologist tomorrow. I will ask her how much $$ for botox on the crows feet and a shot to my johnson. Combo price and separate.

3 Likes

IDK about US, but I asked my husband who is plastic surgeon what is the price of 50U ob Botox and he said street cost is around 250-300 EUR and 100U around 450-500 EUR, material cost is about half of that if you use Allergan Botox, but there are cheaper alternatives like Dryspot. In US he estimates that the minimum price would be double that (unit of Botox starts at 10 USD and can go as high as 20 USD).
He also said that injecting technique is quite simple and anyone with reasonable anatomical knowledge could do it.

2 Likes

I see you were asking about shockwave therapy. I asked, here it is around 1000 EUR for 6 sessions and was told prices can vary a lot with penis health as men are more motivated. In private specialized clinics can cost as much as 1500 to 2500 EUR for the same 6 sessions.

I got the price for PRP (P-shot) as well, did not ask, but hey… 1 injection is 400 EUR (3 or more 300 EUR) again in specialized private clinics this would be more (from 500-1000 EUR).

I imagine it is again same as Botox, US prices could be double that.

2 Likes