Bloodwork interval? On Rapamycin

I want to be data driven about the effects of Rapamycin (and my other longevity regiment, Metformin etc). I had a ‘before’ blood work run the day before I started. I did Dr Green’s recommended panel 561 Insulin, 10231 Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, 496 Hemo A1C, 7600 Lipid, 6399 CBC, 83540 Ferritin. I also sent to Insidetracker.com for their algorythm. How often do folks check? After 3 mo? After 6? 1 yr? Also any other tests folks got value from?

1 Like

I do it every three months. Walk-in-Lab offers tests you can’t get directly from Quest and it is a little cheaper, i.e., CBC, Quest direct $29, Quest CBC from Walk-in-Lab $25.
I use Quest because they are closer to me and a little cheaper for some tests. I usually get a; Cholesterol (Lipid) Panel with Hemoglobin A1c, CBC (INCLUDES DIFF/PLT), and CRP Inflammation Marker (High Sensitivity CRP).
I get the CRP because it is needed to calculate “Mortality Score and Phenotypic Age. Author: John G. Cramer”
Link to the age calculator that Michae Lustgarten uses:
Levine's Phenotypic Age - Biohack Stack

3 Likes
1 Like

Good for you, you are obviously doing something right.

I had all the tests you listed and many more before starting the sirolimus/metformin protocol. Insurance paid for the basics- CBC, basic lipid panel. etc, but the additional tests I wanted (not paid for by insurance) were done through Ulta Labs, because I found that they have the best prices, and all the tests I wanted. Total was >$700, which is why I will retest at 1 year for those tests not paid for by insurance. The exception is Hba1c which I will retest every 3 months.

1 Like

What were the additional tests that you took beyond the CBC, lipid panel, etc.?

I do a CBC and CRP test every 3 or 4 months or so to track my Levine Phenotypic Age.

The additional tests I had were: ADMA/SDMA, Apolipoprotein Evaluation Cardio IQ, Direct LDL Cardio IQ, HgbA1C, hs-CRP,
IGF-I, Insulin, Interleukin-6 Highly Sensitive, ELISA, Lipoprotein (A), Lipoprotein Fractionation Ion Mobility Cardio IQ, proBNP, N-terminal, Troponin I, Tumor Necrosis Factor-Alpha, Highly Sensitive
Skepticism of the “basic” tests drove me to research further. I am 61, and after the Levine Phenotypic Age test scored my age at 23, I was very skeptical of it. Also, these tests were always normal BEFORE my mother started chemo, yet she was already STAGE 4 BC! After listening to numerous podcasts with Peter Attia - mostly because of the medical doctors he interviews- I understood how critical cardiovascular health is, as well as being more within our control than, say, cancer. The list of tests I compiled was based on the markers which Attia’s guests mentioned. Unfortunately, these tests painted a very different picture than the Levine Phenotypic Age, ie., my cardiovascular system is definitely that of 61. I would not have known the real condition of my CV health based on the “basic” tests, including the imaging tests- ekg, etc.

2 Likes

I too am highly skeptical of the Levine Phenotypic Age Test. There are just too many factors it doesn’t account for. I will not reveal my Levine Phenotypic Age Test results. Let’s just say I don’t feel anywhere near as young as the test would indicate. Yes, I know it’s a phenotypic age test, but still, I think the results are highly misleading. At this point, the thing I really care about is how good I feel and how active I can be.

2 Likes

In your profile on here it says you are in 71 to 75 age catagory…here it appears you are in let 40’s. Is the profile incorrect or is this.

2 Likes