BioAge Results for Phase 1b Clinical Trial on Anti Muscle-Aging Drug

I would say some of these interventions (the endogenously produced one like NMN) are more helpful when you are older not younger, they’re just ironically also more risky when older because the chances of cancer are higher. It’s possible that the body is deliberately downregulating production of these compounds with age in part to reduce the risk of cancer.

2 Likes

My guess is that it has a lot to do with loss of immune function. The majority of cancers begin to appear during middle age. Same goes for infections. We slowly begin lose the capacity to deal with any negative consequence that our younger bodies could cope with. Homeostasis becomes harder and harder to maintain.

4 Likes

Exactly. I think declining immunity is the main reason cancers become more common with age.

1 Like

A recent British show on longevity research in California, including some coverage of the BioAge Apelin drug:

1 Like

New presentation on their Phase 1B trial:

Interview with BioAge VP:

and here:

Here is Eric Morgan’s talk from last December’s Longevity Summit (slides of which were conveyd in the first post of this thread:

1 Like

This looks so promising. It’s just frustrating that biotech companies have to work around the fact that aging isn’t considered a disease. It just slows down the process of getting these drugs to market. Crossing fingers for this one. If it fulfills its promise it could be a blockbuster. Definitely worth looking out for the IPO if they go public.

1 Like

Longevity is going mainstream… BioAge just announced a $170 Million in Series D funding…

BioAge Announces $170 Million Oversubscribed Series D Financing to Accelerate Development of Obesity and Metabolic Disease Therapeutics

• Funding to advance Phase 2 clinical trials of azelaprag, an apelin receptor (APJ) agonist, in combination with Lilly’s Zepbound (tirzepatide) and therapeutic pipeline

• Azelaprag improves metabolic and muscle function and has potential as an oral drug to significantly increase weight loss and improve body composition in patients on GLP-1/incretin therapy

• James Healy, M.D., Ph.D., Managing Partner at Sofinnova Investments appointed as Chairman of the Board; Patrick Enright of Longitude Capital joins the Board of Directors of BioAge

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20240213546755/en/

3 Likes

Thanks for posting. If this drug works out it could truly be a blockbuster. Just the positive benefits from preventing sarcopenia in patients who are bedridden or in the ICU would be huge. Older patients decline incredibly quickly if they break a hip and their survival rates are low. This would radically change those outcomes. Then there’s potential for it to be used to ‘keep people in shape’. I can see you being able to get in the best shape of your life and just stay that way. I’m sure there’s going to be some messy off target effects but if this pans out it’s going to be huge.

1 Like

And that is why I’m doing my own personal TRIIM experiment :slight_smile:

Nice. How long have you been doing it and how is it going?

I feel like a Telmisartan convert (‘evangelical’) as it is having a miraculous effect on visceral fat. Apparently it also significantly increases Apelin levels:

1 Like

I’ve been taking both Telmisartan and Amlodipine since 2005. No benefit for me in the weight area. Some people have different response levels to various interventions.

I do have 12 of the top 13 fat genes turned on though. So my weight has been an issue for as long as can remember.

Fortunately I’m a good responder to GLP1+GIP :slight_smile: and very close to my ideal weight after starting it in July of 2023. There are quite a few good side effects with these drugs as well.

2 Likes

In July 2023 we started Terzepatide for weight loss, then in August we added the next 2 compounds;

1. GHRH - growth hormone releasing hormones, i.e. secretagogues (CJC1295 + Ipamoreln)
  2. Terzepatide to manage any potential glucose issue with the increase in GH from #1
  3. DHEA - a prohormone

So it’s “close” to the TRIIM protocol of

1. Somatropin - synthetic GH
  2. Metformin
  3. DHEA

How is it going?

Overall I’d say very good. Been exposed to the many things little grandkids have and have not gotten sick in the past 8 months LoL! Compared to almost every visit catching one of their colds or whatever they have at the moment.

2 Likes