Best sglt2 inhibitors

I see various claims of a variety of benefits of sglt2 inhibitors including insulin control, cardio-vascular and anti-cancer. Does anyone out there have any ideas as to whether one of the 3 most known drugs; canagliflozin, dapagliflozin, and empagliflozin is better than the rest? I see all kinds of claims in various adds for the 3 drugs.

1 Like

I have tried canagliflozin and empagliflozin and have both on the shelf.
I am currently using canagliflozin because it seems to control my blood sugar a little better, but of course, it is much more expensive. If cost is a factor, I would go with the empagliflozin.

This thread might have some answers : SGLT2 inhibitors - Pros/cons and comparison - #16 by KarlT.

3 Likes

I would agree with desertshores statement. I currently take 25 mg Empagliflozin daily right before lunch which is 12-2 for me. Get an urinalysis when you get your blood test (every 3 months for me) and you will see your glucose number too large to measure. Great satisfaction knowing it is being excreted from your body instead of blood stream. I also take Acarbose 100 mg. right before meals.

3 Likes

Thank you. There is a lot of valuable information.

1 Like

FWIW:
I have tried canagliflozin and empagliflozin. They seem ok. Now I am going to try dapaglifozin + metformin in an extended-release tablet. I also take acarbose before any high-carb meal.

I have once again placed my health into the hands of an Indian company specializing in “biosimilars”. Because there is no chance in hell that I can get my doctor to prescribe an extended-release Dapagliflozin + Metformin. I will be taking my health into my own hands. At 83 it has stood me good so far.

I am a believer in taking responsibility for your own needs and safety.

“According to Wilson Law, between 7,000 and 9,000 patients die each year in the U.S. from medication errors, which are one of the most common medical mistakes”
Yes, and you also have to ensure they don’t cut off the wrong leg.

I am not anti-physician, I like my own doctor even though he is very conservative about prescribing any prophylactic medication.

Latest quote from Jagdish. Isn’t it amazing how little generic medicine costs from India?

Dapaturn M 10 Tablet ER , Dapagliflozin (10mg) + Metformin (500mg) , Lupin Ltd = 1.5 USD For 10 tablets.

2- Udapa-M 10/500 XR Tablet , Dapagliflozin (10mg) + Metformin (500mg) , USV Ltd = 1.6 USD For 10 tablets.

3- Justoza-M 10/500 Tablet ER , Dapagliflozin (10mg) + Metformin (500mg) , Mankind Pharma Ltd = 1.4 USD Mankind Pharma Ltd.

I just ordered the Lupin brand after checking them out. They seem to be very legit.

Lupin (lupin.com)
20000+EMPLOYEES
1000+PRODUCTS
100+COUNTRIES
15 GLOBAL FACILITIES

5 Likes

This documentary about this man who got a deadly rare parasitic infection and got terrible advice is a good reflection of the medical system. He had contrary to the advice go through the bureaucracy and research himself to finally get aid from the true experts at the NIH. If he listened to the doctors he might’ve been dead.

1 Like