Best sglt2 inhibitors

I see various claims of a variety of benefits of sglt2 inhibitors including insulin control, cardio-vascular and anti-cancer. Does anyone out there have any ideas as to whether one of the 3 most known drugs; canagliflozin, dapagliflozin, and empagliflozin is better than the rest? I see all kinds of claims in various adds for the 3 drugs.

1 Like

I have tried canagliflozin and empagliflozin and have both on the shelf.
I am currently using canagliflozin because it seems to control my blood sugar a little better, but of course, it is much more expensive. If cost is a factor, I would go with the empagliflozin.

This thread might have some answers : SGLT2 inhibitors - Pros/cons and comparison - #16 by KarlT.

2 Likes

I would agree with desertshores statement. I currently take 25 mg Empagliflozin daily right before lunch which is 12-2 for me. Get an urinalysis when you get your blood test (every 3 months for me) and you will see your glucose number too large to measure. Great satisfaction knowing it is being excreted from your body instead of blood stream. I also take Acarbose 100 mg. right before meals.

2 Likes

Thank you. There is a lot of valuable information.