Best Health test specifications

I will do a comprehensive health test at Preventicum (Ultimate Heath Assessment). They offer me the option to tailor part of this assessment to my specific needs. I am a 54 year old male, generally in good health, but with a family history of CVD.

I would very much appreciate your guidance what I need to include. For instance, I noticed that blood tests normally do not include a measurement of ApoB. Also should I do a CAC?

1 Like

If you have familial ASCVD I would certainly focus on assessing my risk. I did a comprehensive assessment for that few months ago and part of this was comprehensive blood lipid panel (including apoA-1, apoB, lp(a)ā€¦), if they offer cholesterol balance test I would do this as well. Omega 3-6 balance test would be great too. If they can do vascular ultrasound (carotid ultrasound, peripheral arteriesā€¦) it is a good way to detect soft (uncalcified) plaque. CAC will only detect calcified plaques and has a radiation burden that you might try to avoid, I would do that only if ultrasound would be positive. Cardiac stress test is good option too. I would get an ambulatory BP test too.
That above is with ASCVD in mind, but if you can do other tests I would certainly do a comprehensive hormonal and metabolic panel. I would do DEXA scan and VO2max test for fitness level. Plus of course a standard comprehensive blood panel that incudes kidney and liver function and CBC. Do add vitamin D measurement.
This above is a good start. I mixed blood tests with other tests but you can probably decipher what is what.

3 Likes

Other ideas: Eye and oral exams. Colonoscopy.

3 Likes

Highly appreciate all the advice @scta123 and @Joseph_Lavelle. Really very helpful.

1 Like