Best articles/clinical trials to have my doctor read

While I was visiting my doctor this week for blood work I brought up Rapamycin and asked if he’d ever heard of it beyond Immunosupression for organ transplant patients. He hadn’t, but I gave him a brief overview of its potential indications for longevity. He’s used to me asking lots of questions and bringing up research I’ve been reading.
After our appointment, he left me a message and had done a little research on some of the Rapamune trials and he seemed genuinely interested. I’d like to put together some articles and links to clinical trials that might be a decent introduction to send him. Does anyone on the forum have any recommendations?

1 Like

I tried to get people here interested in pulling together a wiki on this topic, but it didn’t seem to strike up anyone’s interest. I included some basic info, if anyone wants to add to it, please do: Rapamycin Information for Doctors - Wiki for User's to Add Information

3 Likes

Thanks, this is really helpful. If anyone else wants to add anything. I’ll collate it and make it presentable.

2 Likes

Here’s what I wrote to my doctor in the online scheduling portal. I figured it would give her a chance to do some research before my visit: Rapamycin Information for Doctors - Wiki for User's to Add Information - #3 by HigoMe33

2 Likes

You should consider yourself fortunate if you doctor will help you with your longevity journey. There are several legitimate reasons not to.

1 Like

He hasn’t offered to help. I just ask him a lot of questions and I think I piqued his interest. He’s used to me bringing up research I’ve been reading.
I’m really doing this because it’s interesting and worth him reading about it. I feel like the more professionals that know about it, the quicker it will gain acceptance.

1 Like