Back pain resolution

It could be a coincidence but started Rapamycin 3 weeks ago, 2MG, 4MG, 6MG. I noticed this week that my chronic lower back pain improved. It’s been their for over 10 years. It’s not gone but the intensity has dropped markedly? Any relationship between pain and Rapamycin?

2 Likes

Could be, but that seems a little too fast.

I’ve been on rapa for a couple of years. Without noticing when it happened, one day it occurs to me that some old chronic pains arent there anymore.

1 Like

There is certainly a lot of anecdotal evidence to that effect, but it could theoretically be placebo. (Dr. John Sarno wrote a book positing that back pain was in reality suppressed emotions.) One thought is that rapamycin lowers inflamation (check your Crp score before and after). In my case, an ankle injury that stayed painful for a year got better. Rapa researcher Matt Kaeberlein had a shoulder injury that healed quickly.

3 Likes

Absolutely - Rapamycin is a well known anti-inflammatory, and pain is frequently the cause of inflammation - so I think many people see joint or back pain reduction. Many of my minor aches and pains have gone away, and Matt Kaeberlein mentioned that he believes his frozen shoulder / pain was eliminated by rapamycin.

3 Likes

I had elbow and ankle joint pain that lessened a good bit after taking Rapa for a few months. The elbow in particular was limiting. I am now back to using heavier dumbbells for workouts.

1 Like

Thanks. I read Sarnos book and it’s not very science based. I have bone on bone at the S4, S5 and S1 levels. There is something interesting going on. CRP was .3 before Rapamycin

Glad to hear you’re feeling better. The anti-inflammatory effect is really interesting.

2 Likes