At-Home IV Drips Are the Latest Luxury Building Amenity (NYT)

I don’t think there is much scientific evidence to support this, but people seem pretty open to IV treatments, so perhaps there is a future for IV rapamycin, or other longevity therapies (plasmapheresis anyone?)

This was not Mr. Viragh’s first experiment with intravenous drip therapy, marketed as a hangover cure and an immune system booster. He started getting the treatments two years ago at a wellness and longevity club near his previous apartment in Hollywood. Mr. Viragh now gets them monthly; he said the infusions help stave off jet lag after flights home to Budapest, where he owns a small film production company, and to promote healing from the procedures he’s been getting to remove his 10 tattoos.

Full article (no Paywall): At-Home IV Drips Are the Latest Luxury Building Amenity (NY Times)

Paywalled article:

1 Like

I think I will stick with not having tattoos in the first place.

5 Likes

It’s remarkably easy to separate fools (rich ones) from their money. One of the reasons why I make sure not to make anything from the things I prescribe or order. Massive conflict of interest … and this is the most wonderful placebo. I have colleagues doing this and making a lot of money - even going to peoples homes to give them various worthless infusions that even if they do anything would be equally available in oral forms … but that doesn’t make any money.

3 Likes

My ex gf used to use IV drips whenever she is tired. Me, I hate needles, especially self administration.

1 Like

My ex gf used to use IV drips whenever she is tired.

Wait, what? Couldn’t she just take a nap or something?

Don’t ask me but she swears by them. Allows her to keep going without going to sleep. A bit like ice but doesn’t give you the nasties.