Anyone trying something a little more edgy?

I learn something new here every day. I thought injecting isopropyl alchohol would kill you very quickly, but it looks like it just damages your blood vessels, and maybe they can repair themselves quickly? Without giving you grief about it.

You can’t be doing this to save money since with gfJ, I get by with $8/month and have a peak around 27 and a trough around 2, 2 weeks later. You should test your blood levels and find out just for the sake of science. I’d like to know and you may have set a record.

The point of Rapamycin is to live longer and feel better. I think a injecting a possibly contaminated solution of somewhat toxic chemicals into your bloodstream works against that goal.

One great reason to go oral is that it helps filter out contaminants and you don’t need (toxic) solvents.

I’m not a medical professional.

6 Likes

Dan,

Just to make this really clear for you and everyone else. What you are doing is borderline suicidal. You are buying rapamycin powder from some random site in China, mixing it and injecting it at extremely high dosing levels that likely significantly reduces your immune system function.

This is not much different than buying heroin on the street and shooting up - and not at all the scientific, medical approach that we take here. If the goal is long life, the approach you are taking (in my opinion) is absolutely the wrong approach.

The key issues are:

1. Buying rapamycin powder from some random company in China and not having a competent lab test the product for contaminants means you have no idea what is in the powder you are injecting. You have no idea how sterile it is, etc. It may have real rapamycin in it, but you have no idea what the other drugs might be in it too. See this thread from a biochemist on our forums and please re-think what you are doing: Intramuscular (IM) + Intranasal (IN) Rapamycin - A new paradigm for human longevity translation - #124 by O_o

2. From your comments about injecting Ketamine, it sounds like you have been a street drug user in the past and have knowledge and experience injecting drugs. I have never taken street drugs and knowing now what I know about drug manufacturing and quality control, I never would. Please, do not encourage rapamycin or any other type of injections here on this site. Our goals here with this site is very much focused on thoughtful scientific discourse and calculated risk taking, and not taking unnecessary risks. The goal here after all is a longer, healthier life. Reckless risk taking is common in many people, but that is not likely to increase one’s lifespan and is not the ethos at this site. Please do not encourage it or you will be banned.

16 Likes

. . . as Dan is masterfully illustrating for all of us in this thread.

4 Likes

…geez uh…err… maybe? :slight_smile:

Dan, if you think injecting mega doses of untested Rapamycin every week is going to make you happy, you’re wrong. Get your shit together :slightly_smiling_face:. :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

I wonder what their replacement solution is? If it is only albumin, the volunteers are bound to lose in the process, minerals, trace elements, vitamins etc … . I could understand the benefits in case of diseases where there are harmful (auto)antibodies targeted for removal in therapeutic plasmapheresis. ‘Filtering’ ‘old’ blood might not be enough, as the longevity benefits observed in mice might be due to substances contained in the plasma of young mice. I would expect some degree of fatigue after plasmapheresis sessions …

1 Like

What about cognitive impairment?

No, not even joking here. Given your past history, I am seriously concerned as to whether your grip on reality is sound. Please seek medical counsel.

2 Likes

not encouraging anything for others as they can do as they please and the ketamine was NOI a street drug but produced by commercial pharmaceutical medical companies in an injection vial for anesthesia and which also sell various other substances to pharmacies.
And i never bought anything from random company in china.
I bought from one that sells api’s and do their own testing with official papers of purity and details. And calculated risk taking is exactly what the other users who comment are NOT doing = no numbers, no probabilities but mainly only emotion.

PS i am doing small doses much less than the equivalent most successful experiments on mice.

i don’t see any cognitive improvement for sure and neither does anyone else other than placebo effect i would bet. And i am not so insane as to go to some quack medical attention.
if i did that then i would be nearly insane .

Dan - would you please share the name of the company you purchased from? I’m curious. Most of the companies selling rapamycin (and most chemicals more generally in China) are just middlemen.

It doesn’t matter if the ketamine was from the street or a pharmaceutical product. What does matter, is that you’ve been taking it, and at what seems to be very dangerous dosages. You also mentioned LSD (and I assume many other drugs), and that you do these drugs "for the thrill" rather than for any medical purpose.

This suggests to me that you may be an abuser of drugs that happened to wander into longevity drugs. As a result, I don’t trust your relationship with these drugs, as you appear to be taking them on a whim, or for kicks. That is not a safe way to do this.

You are literally contradicting yourself.
In one post, you say that you get your rapamycin powder from China, along with other drugs, for 8 years. Now you say you haven’t bought anything random from China. So which is it???

That’s just what they report. You do realize that these sketchy foreign vendors aren’t held to the same standards as other countries, no?

This is just like when a company conduct an “internal investigation” in order to determine if one of their abusive CEOs has done anything wrong, and finds them innocent. Unless the reports have been corroborated by other independent labs or regulatory agencies, it’s literally just a piece of paper that says “trust me bro.

Uh, have you even been reading anything? Everyone is reading the data. Everyone is reading the numbers. Everyone is doing the math.
That is literally what this forum is for, discussing the data.

This, ironically, appears to be what your criteria are - you seem to just inject random drugs into yourself based off of the “thrill” as you’ve said yourself earlier!

Plus, I haven’t seen a single post from you yet where you actually state any “numbers” aside from the insane doses you’re taking.

20-30 mg of rapamycin injected every 5 days is NOT a small dose! That’s a HUGE dose!

Again, you should probably check for the opposite trend.

Going to seek medical attention, when you need it, is quack!?

You literally said, in your other post here, that you injected tap water from the Phillippines into yourself! TAP WATER!

And not only that, you got an infection! Do you realize you could have lost the limb you injected that contaminated water into, or even cost yourself your life?

I think you already are insane. If you think modern medicine is quack, yet you saw no problem at all injecting tap water from a third world country into yourself, then you’re certainly going to beat these so-called quack medical professionals to one thing - the grave.

5 Likes

isopropyl - no not at all and what you thought is very wrong. The ld50 is only about twice that of ethyl and it has been injected along with other substances in small amounts in many instances in the past and for nano emulsions isopropyl is used rather than ethyl in at least one article. For example for onr instance Google ’ Rapamycin-Loaded, CapryolTM 90 and Oleic Acid Mediated Nanoemulsions: Formulation Development’ though u could likely find the article with less words… Set a record for what ?
Everything else being equal i would expect iso-propyl replacing ethyl to ‘sting’ more than ethyl in those cases where one could sense it at all.

That is not at all the case nor anywhere close to what i said but more like the opposite. Other than i sure as hell don’t need medical attention and that is a quack statement. Other than that If it is science with numbers and proofs that is one thing and is of relevance. If it is just ones opinion with no direct proof nor even probability then that may be quack. I credit my success for one to ’ DO NOT EVER EVEN CONSIDER another persons opinion without direct proof. A good example of that is the statement just made " Do you realize you could have lost the limb you injected that contaminated water into, or even cost yourself your life? " that is so shallow and trite to even make a statement. I could say do you realize you could get in a traffic accident and die which is much more likely. That is what i mean by relative probabilities. My god if someone could consider all things that ‘might’ happen that is ridiculous as it is infinite.

It’s possible you set a record for the highest blood concentration ever. I could be wrong, but a blood test would prove it. That’s all I’m saying.

I think ketoconazole is for the oral route only. It suppresses the cyp3a something in the gut. You’re actually getting the entire dose, so 100% of injectable. With or without the keto.

If you took 30mg injectable at once, then checked blood levels in about 5 minutes, I’d be willing to put money down that you set a record. Not a good record to set, but I’m pretty sure.

1 Like

lol this is great stuff

2 Likes

Welcome to a site of personal opinions.

4 Likes

Not too long ago there was a thread about static magnetic fields extending healthspan and lifespan in mice.

There are costly, high-powered magnetic mattress pads you can buy that go under the mattress. You want a uniform downward (negative) field.

More information available in this thread:

2 Likes

i have had blood tests but not 5 min’s after. And as you read more articles here u will see cases of injections much much more like in the 100’s of mg’s. You will also see many times of articles stressing ’ overdoses of rapamycin are usually NOT serious’

PS i am not saying that formula you presented is not important as it and the many like it are one of the most important aspects. But Also i did not profess that i myself was especially knowledgeable in biological practical(or theoretical at the larger than quantum level or ab initio…) chemistry. I just said doctors etc. who many patients think ‘know it all’ and some indisputable gods don’t know even much more simple ones in one indeterminate ,x, say though yea that may be a poor example of what all they don’t know or are just say any opinionated remarks to their own gain or to save time (eg maybe they don’t do a particular procedure and then just tell u some unimportant detail or some what is wrong with it because some one out of a billion patients has a bad reaction which has hapenned to me more than once.) and you as the patient are expected to take it as the ‘gospel’ with no backtalk.
AS TO that formula you wrote i really would like to become more familiar it and the multitude of others.