Anyone taking calcium alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG)?

Well according to Brian Kennedy he advises against taking Rapamycin and AKG together because they both down regulate Mtor and taking both together may down regulate Mtor too much. It does not directly down regulate directly like Rapamycin but through the AMPK pathway if I read correctly

1 Like

It would be useful to read up on that if you can provide a link.

I read it quite a while ago on a YouTube video in which he spoke about it. Brian Kennedy has done a lot of research into what happens when several interventions have been applied at the same time. Generally they are not synergistic but occasionally they are. Concerning Rapamycin and AKG being as they are both Mtor inhibitors it is rather obvious that it could down regulate Mtor too much. Brian Kennedy has not researched this but he just mentioned it as a personal guess

This:

Has:

AKG may activate mTOR by replenishing the TCA-intermediate pool.

and

Thus, AKG inhibits ATP synthase, consequently reducing ATP level and oxygen consumption, which leads to indirect mTOR inhibition and autophagy activation.

1 Like

This is not the paper I read but the conclusions are the same. Thanks for the informative link