Any studies on rapamycin dose for mice after organ transplantation?

Is there any studies on organ transplantation on mice which shows what dose regime of rapamycin that is generally best?

I’m not aware of any studies where they’ve done organ transplantation in mice… I would think that surgery on a mouse for organ transplantation would be a challenge that most studies would not want to engage in. I believe that I’ve read that many organ transplantation studies have been done on pigs and large mammals - likely because they are closer to humans than mice.

Ok, that sounds reasonable. Do you know if there has been any studies on what doses rapamycin gets immunosuppressive for a mice?

I found this old small bowel transplatation study on mice

They used doses such as 2 mg/kg/day and 4 mg/kg/day orally for 14 days of rapamycin which seemed to have an effect compared to control.

1 Like

Hi, could not find your message to me on this site about my “grapefruit” + rapamycin dosing schedule. I take 6-7 mg. Rapamycin + 300 grams of GFJ/Pulp 30 minutes before taking Rapa. (300-350%) increase. This is twice a month schedule. I have done many experiments with different dosing. Taking 3 mg. rapa with GFJ to achieve 10 mg. weekly. I am trying to get the Rapamycin to the brain with larger initial dose which helps to get past the blood/brain barrier. It is believed you can get maximum results this way, but unproven. Either way, I have taken Rapa since March 2017. One of the longest people on rapa. 75 yo., live in Spain, but use to live in California for many years.

World_Traveler, thanks for sharing your long-term experience. To get a better sense of your rapamycin dosing, may I ask what is your weight?

Have you noticed any physical or laboratory changes since starting rapamycin back in 2017? Based on my reading of the literature, labs I would consider tracking while on rapamycin are your HOMA-IR, glucose levels, CBC (mainly to watch out for anemia), iron levels, decreased testosterone levels from your pre-rapamycin baseline, lipids, and WBC (esp. lymphocytes).

1 Like

75 kg. weight, 180 cm., WBC are lower, glucose is not a problem because I also take Metformin and Empagliflozina 25mg. ( SGLT2) HbA1c is 5.10. Phenoage caluculation has dropped from -5 years to -13 years. Anemia is real, but I also take high potency B-Complex with Folic acid and other B vitamins to help with RBC production. Very agressive in fighting inflammation which goes up with age. I take 5 mg. Crestor, baby aspirin which help reduce inflammation. Inflammation is caused by high glucose levels which forms plaque in arteries and deteroriates the arterial walls which can lead to “soft plaque” and a embolism = heart attack/stroke. B/P = 110 or under. Exercise 5 days a week and walk everyday. 75 yo. male

1 Like

Thanks for the extra info, World_Traveler. Have you been on the higher biweekly dosing long enough to come to an opinion as to whether it’s better than the lower weekly dosing (based on your labs, PhenoAge, etc.)?

1 Like