Any beneficial use of CBD?

Has anyone had positive effects from CBD usage? I used CBD for about 6 mos a few years ago without much effect. Zero sleep benefit. Possible pain lowering. I quit due without regret but am wondering again. I am planning a podcast episode and looking for input. Any thoughts beside boosting rapa?

1 Like

I have a friend who has bipolar disorder. Since he started to take CBD he has not had a single episode in 18 months. Truly amazing case. His sleep is very much improved.

3 Likes

I live in a state where all marijuana products are legal. Because of the hype, I tried many products except smoking or vaping. This was long before I discovered rapamycin. My wife had arthritis and I was having trouble sleeping. We tried CBD oil for several months with no discernable benefits.
For me, it falls into the class of magic oils or supplements that have no results over what is always a placebo benefit of 30%, and since neither of us was very responsive to the placebo effect, we felt no benefit from taking any of the marijuana products.

2 Likes

I’ve been using various forms of cannabis oils for sleep over the past few years (0.5 ml per night). When it comes to length of sleep, I don’t get much benefit from CBD oil. I get a little added sleep from THC oil. I get a little more added sleep from CBN oil. BUT, after playing around with my FitBit sleep tracker and CBN oil, I can say I get less REM sleep when I take CBN oil. I haven’t tested with THC, but the research out there says it does the same. There is also a rebound effect when you stop using THC and CBN when it comes to length of sleep. I been slowing weening myself off over the past month because of the effect on REM sleep (which is important).

2 Likes

FYI. I had a surprisingly enjoyable chat with Don Moxley of Longevity Labs. They offer a high dose CBDa plus product (they also have a Spermadine product). Don’s experience in the medical cannabis biz goes way back. Stay tuned…I’ll post the interview here in a week or so. I’m going to give it a try to see if I get any benefit.

Looking forward to your results. I recently read that CBD with THC designated Delta 8 was beneficial for pain and sleep. I acquired some organic variety of the components in gummy form. Starting with 1/4 then 3/8 of a portion had some mild effect on the symptoms but nothing I would say worthwhile at this point. I titrate up dose and report if any significance.

1 Like

I’m working on the episode now. I interviewed Don Moxley of Longevity Labs last week. He’s a sports scientist who has been in the cannabis biz for a while. His company has a high dose (50mg x3) CBDa product that includes a few other ingredients in a capsule. He says CBDa has much higher bio availability than CBD, and the dosage is higher than typical (higher than I tried with CBD a few years ago). You can use discount code wise15 to save 15%, and they offer a $10 sample. I’ll publish the episode tomorrow, and put a link here as well.

Here’s the episode with Don Moxley of Longevity Labs about CBDa for recovery. I don’t know yet if his product is better than the last one I tried that did nothing for me, but it won’t cost much to find out. I’ll report back soon.

1 Like

What is the name of the product? I dont see it on their website… thnx!

1 Like

HRV+ is the CBD product. The brand is Mode+Method which has its own website. The URL is in the show notes.