Animal trials are all on much higher dosages than we are taking

IMO, from experience, you will get diarrhea long before you reach 100mg.

1 Like

The risks associated with high dosages outweigh the potential benefits in my opinion. Rapamycin levels drop quickly in the blood but we don’t know whether this applies equally to other tissues. There are studies that conclude that the negative effects (e.g., pneumonitis) associated with cycling to Sirolimus negate the benefits for its use for transplant patients. And this is where the drug that they want to cycle off of has significant negative effects.

I discount the studies that show negative effects from chronic use of rapamycin but at some point massive intermittent doses may produce similar effects. The animals that are tested have different metabolism’s than humans. So you can’t just translate dosages by comparing relative weights.

2 Likes

I would not say with a half life of 60 hours that the levels “drop quickly”. It clearly hangs around for a number of days.

I think potentially a substantial dose followed by a long absence is best. I have so far taken 2mg and have not decided whether to increase the dose or not or when to take the next dose. I think there is an argument for a higher dose, but I wish to take the same dose to compare the results. I would not be surprised if the consensus moves to dosing at a much lower frequency than weekly.

2 Likes

I take six MG but I am going to start taking five week breaks after eight weeks. The University of Washington studies indicate that the positive benefits are almost equal and there seems to be less risk of negative effects if you cycle off. I would have no concerns about 10 MG weekly. What concerns me is much higher doses coupled with grapefruit juice.

2 Likes

What did your dog have kidney or liver failure or both?

To Alan Hoshor
As they say, all arthritis is inflammatory disease, whether autoimmune or not. But as for gout, (and I’ve had it, and I’m on allopurinol), I have not heard of any causal relationship with autoimmunity. You know, everyone says organ meats and fish raise uric acid, because of the digestive breakdown of DNA & RNA, that yields the purines, that makes the uric acid, that hurts my foot. But alcohol and especially fructose (which is also =50% of table sugar) drive uric acid and fatty liver (what got me almost dead 5 years ago). Great: Peter Attia 2-hr interview with nephrologist) Rick Johnson re fructose and obesity, and gout. Fasting also potently raises uric acid --all that catabolic recycling, you know. You know, hmm, arthritis and gout…be sure you know your kidney function is good – that might be where a vaccine overreaction could manifest.

1 Like

As I read the replies, I don’t see mention of Matt Kaberlein, co-leader of The Dog Aging Project (Rapamycin trials). I think his canine dosing would be sufficiently powerful yet safe. But I don’t know how you humanize the dose to account for size, metabolic rate, etc. What’s the dog-years math for that?

One reason you don’t see him mentioned is because he would never advocate that you do such a thing.

Possibly the Matt Kaeberlein dog aging project will eventually provide some good news about the potential positive effects of taking rapamycin in amounts similar to the amounts most of us are taking. It won’t be exact. But I think it will be much more helpful than the mouse studies.

1 Like

Greetings Jim,

Sorry that you have health issues. There is so much fake news around COVID-19 that it currently impossible to separate fact from fiction. However, the link with the vaccines causing heart failure (though illegal for doctors to discuss in California) has been well documented and the Florida surgeon general has recommended no men between ages 18 and 40 take MRNA based vaccines. The gout link with COVID-19 vaccine was reported in China using their vaccine. COVID-19 Vaccine Minimally Impacts Risk of Gout Flares (rheumatologynetwork.com) reports a relationship. As far as I know, medical science does not understand why people have gout…only the genetic relationship and what causes flares. I have a genetic relationship since my father had gout. The fact that at my age, 69, both gout and arthritis (my mom had rheumatoid) magically and simultaneously attacked me after my second COVID-19 booster… Just seems to be associated. I’m well aware that association does not imply causation. In a decade medial science will have fabulous statistics on the negative effects of the MRNA vaccine. After all 80% of the world population was vaccinated. By then the politics will be gone and science will be accepted.

3 Likes