Alternatives to Ameliorate Brain Aging

Yes, I was referring to ODT 1.25 mg qd as initial dose - also oral tab 5 mg twice daily is not always the case - some docs use half or less to start.

1 Like

I take low dose (7.5mg) Mirtazapine for insomnia but have always considered that to be detrimental to long term health. I don’t fully understand the study posted above but it seems to suggest it could be beneficial?

I think insomnia is more detrimental to long-term health than taking Mirtazapine.

5 Likes

Depends on the tradeoff, something to talk to your doc.

I’d personally be cautious with mirtazapine use if I were an older adult due to changes in physiology but it’s not something I’d avoid at all costs. Long story.

1 Like

As a psychiatrist, I have seen liver function test abnormalities from mirtazapine. It’s not a problem generally unless you enjoy your alcohol. It will put an elephant to sleep, generally speaking.

2 Likes

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-22179-z

3 Likes

Mindbloom is very expensive, IMO. everyonesmd.com costs $99 “membership” $75 visit, and then the Rx filled at a local US pharmacy costs %170. So like $300 for 45 x 200mg troches. everyonesmd.com is run by a Lone Ranger MD, and offers no psych hand holding, and no fancy blindfold and nice schwag case like mindbloom. Critically, he asks you to start out with 1/4 of a troche - 50mg. That’s enough to bowl me over, I believe (but don’t know) that mindbloom asks you to do 200mg. This is for treatment resistant depression. Additionally, Everyone’s asks that you take magnesium threonate in the AM, and a spoonful of Apple Cider Vinegar 30m before using. For depression, it’s … meh. There are lots of good properties to Ketamine, but for me you gotta do more to deal with depression. I’m glad I tried it, and feel it has some therapeutic potential, and low-to-medium abuse potential. Anything can be abused, especially if it gets into the hands of teens!

1 Like