Aging Research and Drug Discovery Meeting - Starts Aug. 29th

Free access for day 1, and $49 for the entire week’s program (video feed)

Welcome!

We are delighted that you will be joining the Aging Research and Drug Discovery Meeting, August 29 - September 2 . We will be live streaming this important meeting. You will be able to see and hear our esteemed speakers and panelists throughout the workshop and the four days of the main event, for each day an individual link will be provided. In preparation of this event, here are a few housekeeping instructions:

Live Streaming
Access to the meeting will only be available through live streaming which will be accessed by clicking the links that will be provided on each day of the event. Tomorrow we kick off ARDD with the exciting workshops covering emerging tech and longevity medicine. Here is the link for the 1st day of ARDD, 30th of August:

Questions and networking
You are encouraged to use Slack to ask questions of speakers and panelists. Please use this link to access the channels to chat with other participants, if you are having technical issues, or if you want to ask questions to the speakers:
https://join.slack.com/t/ardd2022/shared_invite/zt-1ei6rk1rr-2YnwDIOuv4Ehu6rAEr0ABQ

Schedule
We know your schedule is very busy and that you may not be able to attend every session. However, we do encourage you to participate as much as possible. For your convenience the full program can be found here: http://agingpharma.org/program.

1 Like

live now… watch online

2 Likes

Live link

I started late as did not see this till after 10:00am, started at end of Nir Barzilai presentation.

Someone recorded this?

Need to watch this several times.

Very good information to make you think outside the box

The recordings from this conference typically are posted to YouTube after a few months.

Did many people catch the presentations? I saw a few segments. In the panel discussion with Matt Kaeberlein et al, it was interesting to hear comments/questions from a doctor in the audience complaining about patients coming in who are taking rapamycin and metformin and 20 other things and complaining about how they are not feeling well (and being unhappy with the doctor’s lack of assistance).

Matt K. also reiterated a similar theme; we really don’t know what the result will be when you add a large number of longevity drugs/supplements together. It could be additive, but just as easily it could result in worse outcomes.

A cautionary discussion for people with longer rather than shorter lists of longevity products used.

And, for me this drives home the value of regular blood testing to see how your body is responding to anything you are taking, and adjusting over time.

2 Likes

Welcome to day 2 of ARDD.

Live Streaming
Here is the link for the 2nd day of ARDD, 30th of August:

Questions and networking
You are encouraged to use Slack to ask questions of speakers and panelists. Please use this link to access the channels to chat with other participants, if you are having technical issues, or if you want to ask questions to the speakers:
https://join.slack.com/t/ardd2022/shared_invite/zt-1ei6rk1rr-2YnwDIOuv4Ehu6rAEr0ABQ

Schedule
We know your schedule is very busy and that you may not be able to attend every session. However, we do encourage you to participate as much as possible. For your convenience the full program can be found here: http://agingpharma.org/program.

2 Likes

Some interesting upcoming sessions:

04:30 - 04:50 (NY)
10:30 - 10:50 (CET )
Drugging the nutrient-sensing network
Linda Partridge, Max Planck Institute for Biology of Aging

04:50 - 05:10 (NY)
10:50 - 11:10 (CET )
Chemical interventions in aging promoting Healthspan
Gordon Lithgow, Buck Institute

12:00 - 12:20 (NY)
18:00 - 18:20 (CET )
Targeting aging with rapamycin: On the path toward 21st Century Medicine
Matt Kaeberlein, University of Washington, USA

13:40 - 14:00 (NY)
19:40 - 20:00 (CET )
Quantifying aging and rejuvenation
Judith Campisi, Buck Institute, USA

2 Likes

I’ve been making this very point for several months now.

I know many people think my views on this are dogmatic and I will try to tone it down going forwards. As a community however how can we accurately assess the recent benefits/side effects poll if the majority are taking multiple drugs and/or supplements?

4 Likes

Excellent point! I always keep it in mind and as a precaution never take anything for a long time and have breaks from all supplements every 2 months.

1 Like

Many of these “experts” obviously don’t follow their own findings,
like an obviously obese expert talking about the benefits of calorie restriction.
Honestly “Physician, heal thyself .”

3 Likes

Did anyone catch any of the presentations? Anything interesting to report back? They are not too convenient for those of us on the West coast of the USA.

I listened through several, was a CR study that showed thymus increasing/regrowth without HGH.

Would like to get copies of all presentations to review, as my feed is/was intermittent.

To me well worth taking the time to review.

Yes - a walking, talking example of the hyperfunction theory of aging :wink:

But I’ve been to a number of biology of aging conferences, and the vast majority of presenters (and attendees) typically look like poster children for caloric restriction. If you see the size/body weight of people like Cynthia Kenyon, David Sinclair, Morgan Levine… most of them are very lean.

1 Like

From this article, CR appears to still be the first line of defense against aging.

“mTOR Complex 1 Content and Regulation Is Adapted to Animal Longevity”

1 Like

I think this is the study{posted below] that was discussed in the presentation*.

*“Immunometabolic checkpoints of aging: Lessons from CALERIE”

By Vishwa Dixit, Yale School of Medicine, USA

“2 years of calorie restriction and cardiometabolic risk (CALERIE): exploratory outcomes of a multicentre, phase 2, randomised controlled trial”

Paper at;

This presentation looks like it was interesting:

I think that was the presentation titled;

“Beyond the Calorie: The regulation of health and longevity by a specific dietary amino acid”

By Dudley Lamming from University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA

1 Like

Posters

at the ARDD meeting:

Sexual Identify of Enterocytes Regulates Rapamycin-Mediated Intestinal Homeostatis and Lifespan Extension

Brief Exposure to Rapamycin has the same anti-aging effects as lifelong dosing (in flies and mice)

Of course, “brief” is all relative; 3 months in mice lifespans is perhaps equivalent to 10 years in human terms.

Decreased Splieosome Fidelity and egi-8 intron retention inhibit mTORC1 signaling to Promote Longevity

Generation and Characterization of Transgenic Cell and Mouse Lines Harboring Rare Protein-altering Variants Identified in Long-lived Individuals

For the doctors in our community:

http://longevitymedicinesociety.com

Interesting insights into common drugs acting on various aging clocks

I think this was from Morgan Levine’s presentation…

Source:

2 Likes