Age prediction from human blood plasma using proteomic and small RNA data: a comparative analysis

An interesting paper

These they say are the key 31 predictive proteins

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Am I understanding correctly that the study effort was targeting a prediction of chronological age? I’ve seen that before and it confuses me. It’s the joke about the guy hunting for his dropped keys under the street light because the light is better there. What we want to know is what markers predict health declines and death. Since people seem to “age” differently, chron age is not a good enough proxy for loss of health and remaining life. I like how Lustgarten works to improve his markers that lower his “all cause mortality”…which gives him a way to identify his weak areas that might be his biggest risk. Do you know a way / biological age test that is decent at adding up all the bits to see how a person is doing in total or on average across organ systems to assess status and velocity towards death? Thanks again!

However, because there is no current acceptable measurement of biological age in trying to get to this people have to start with chronological age.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks. I’m new to this space so I’m trying to get current. Lots to learn.