According to Chat-GPT 4

I asked what drugs can be used off label for anti-aging. Here’s what the genie thinks. Note it was trained on data before 2022.

I am not a doctor, but I can provide you with some information on drugs that have been researched for their potential anti-aging effects. It’s important to note that using drugs off-label can have risks, so always consult a healthcare professional before considering such use. Some drugs studied for their potential anti-aging properties include:

1. Rapamycin (sirolimus) – Initially used as an immunosuppressant for transplant patients, rapamycin has been shown to extend the lifespan of various organisms in preclinical studies.
  2. Metformin – A commonly prescribed drug for type 2 diabetes, metformin has been studied for its potential anti-aging effects. Some research suggests that it may improve healthspan and slow the aging process by activating the AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) pathway.
  3. NAD+ precursors – Nicotinamide riboside (NR) and nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) are supplements that can increase levels of NAD+, a coenzyme involved in cellular metabolism and energy production. Some studies suggest that boosting NAD+ levels may help combat age-related declines in cellular function.
  4. Senolytics – These are a class of drugs that selectively target and remove senescent cells, which are dysfunctional cells that accumulate with age and contribute to the aging process. Examples of senolytics include dasatinib, quercetin, and fisetin.
  5. Resveratrol – A naturally occurring compound found in red wine and some fruits, resveratrol has been studied for its potential anti-aging effects. It may work by activating the sirtuin family of proteins, which have been implicated in the regulation of aging.
  6. Spermidine – This naturally occurring polyamine has been studied for its potential to promote autophagy, a cellular recycling process that declines with age. Increased autophagy may help counteract age-related cellular damage.
4 Likes