As we reflect on 2022 and think ahead to 2023 I thought sharing our plans and health goals could be inspiring, cathartic and perhaps have an aspect of accountability.
First, I am grateful to @RapAdmin for creating and curating such a great resource and tool for us bleeding edge longevity biohackers. I started rapa in 2022 and likely wouldn’t have if not for this site.
I tried metformin, empagliflozin, and oral Minoxidil based on others experiences here too.
In 2023 here are some of my plans:
- I am going to experiment with my rapa doses and schedule. I did 6mg every week for 6-7 months in 2022. I might start with 4mg with grapefruit every 10 days as a trial.
- I ordered Acarbose 25mg and 50mg from my trusted source in India and going to give that a whirl with higher carb meals. I don’t mind a bit of gas and my wife certainly already has her share
*Continue to be a vegan, though might add 4oz of high quality meat (buffalo or wild fish) once a week to inject some of the hard to come by amino acids and vitamins.
- Adding a room temperature glass of water upon rising to aid with digestion, hydrate, and clean my gut. The Japanese do this and it seems to work very well for them. I started a few days ago and my GI and ability to fast and process black coffee has improved already.
- Similar to the above, I am not going to drink anything 30 minutes before I eat through 1-hour after I eat. After reading ‘Gut’ by Gulia Enders it makes a lot of sense not to mess with digestion and pour water on the fire.
- Continue to sauna, cold shower and Wim Hof breath as close to daily as possible.
- Exercise snacks of weights, walking, and cardio one to four times a day depending on schedule. Being more intentional about recovery and stretching.
- I have fought the battle with hip arthritis for a few years. I have tried everything and have resigned myself to a hip resurfacing procedure this year. I want to be pain free and active for the rest of my X years here and I understand that getting this done sooner age-wise has benefits in terms of my bodies ability to cope and heal.
- Supplements: Lithium, D3, L-theanine, Ashwagandha, Magnesium
*Continue to track sleep with sleepcycle and keep bed time consistent and have at least 7.5 hours of actual sleep. Aim to have an average sleep score of 85.
Here is to an awesome 2023 Rapa’rs!