2.5 year rapa supply ordered, thanks for the advice!

Just ordered another 1,000 of the 1mg rapa pills, which should keep me stocked for nearly three years if I lower my dose to 7mg per week.

@RapAdmin opined several weeks ago that if we see a celebrity announce they’re using rapamycin, it could be difficult to get our hands on fresh supplies for a while. Thanks for the insight, I hadn’t thought about that!

They only ship the pills 250 at a time so they have a better chance tovget through customs, but I’ll be stocked for a while regardless of whether there’s a run on the market or not. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Yes - I need to do something like this soon.

Even with the smaller orders I’ve made in the past… between the rapamycin, acarbose, empagliflozon, etc… i feel like I could start my own little pharmacy if I wanted :slight_smile: I’ve got large 4 cubic ft. clear plastic packing bins from Costco to store them in. I have to admit, it looks a little ridiculous.

Sort of like this, but clear plastic…

https://www.costco.com/saferacks-storage-bin-rack.product.100677580.html

10 Likes

And you’ve filled them all with pills?

That’s a lot of pills!
(seems to be today’s theme)

2 Likes

I’ve got one bin full of pills, etc., but if I do the bulk buy like Phil, I’ll need another! Like I said, it looks pretty over the top, if you don’t realize its years of supplies…

3 Likes

Who cares what it looks like? I think it’s smart and efficient.

3 Likes

Will Rapamycin degrade when stored for a couple of years?

2 Likes

Not unless you live in Hawaii (or perhaps Texas) and store them in a metal shed in the back yard …

Most of what is known about drug expiration dates comes from a study conducted by the Food and Drug Administration at the request of the military. With a large and expensive stockpile of drugs, the military faced tossing out and replacing its drugs every few years. What they found from the study is 90% of more than 100 drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, were perfectly good to use even 15 years after the expiration date.

So, the expiration date doesn’t really indicate a point at which the medication is no longer effective or has become unsafe to use.

5 Likes

The exception would be tetracyclines.

Currently, only the antibiotic tetracycline is known to be harmful when expired. In several reported cases, expired tetracycline has caused Fanconi syndrome. This is a rare form of kidney damage that prevents electrolytes from being absorbed by the body. For this reason, you should never take expired tetracycline.

It says plain tetracyclines. But I would avoid the whole family, if expired - tetracycline, doxycycline, minocycline.

5 Likes

Rapamycin can be frozen to extend its shelf life. The use-by date for rapamycin stored at room temperature is two years for the rapamycin supplied by Rapacan and Zydus brands.
I currently have a 2+ year supply that I store in my freezer.

“- Rapamycin is provided as a solid and shipped at room temperature.
Upon receipt, store at -20 °C”
“: Store at or below –20°C. Solid form is stable at least 12 months from date of
receipt, when stored as directed”

4 Likes

What was the source? Sorry I missed that somehow.

Sorry, what are you asking?

I’m interested in the source / supplier of the large order of Rapa. I thought it was hard to get large orders from India (just reading about it here).

2 Likes

@ Phil_Van_Treuren, Who did you buy it from, and what was the price (i.e. did you get a better price because of higher quantity). How long did you wait, how did you pay, did they ship it all at once, or many shipments etc.etc.etc…

3 Likes

“I thought it was hard to get large orders from India”
No, the problem is that a large package from a drug company in India is more likely to grab the attention of customs and be seized.

4 Likes

Interested in knowing if you read it somewhere that keeping Rapa in freezer it extends its life? And in your opinion how long do you think it will be good, if you put in freezer? My opinion would be that if you put it in freezer it can last for ages, i.e past 10 years, NO?

1 Like

I used dropshipmd dot com.

With shipping included, it was $1,550 for 1,000 of the one-milligram pills. I paid using Bitcoin. Their communication via email is great through the whole process.

They ship 250 pills per shipment, which makes it more likely to get through customs. They provide tracking numbers for each shipment. Takes about a month to get.

6 Likes

@desertshores is quoting the storage conditions for pure sirolimus (the research grade powder), not the tablets we are buying.

Here is the recommendations from pfizer:

Rapamune Tablets should be stored at 20°C to 25°C [USP Controlled Room Temperature] (68°F to 77°F). Use cartons to protect blister cards and strips from light. Dispense in a tight, light-resistant container as defined in the USP.

Source: https://www.pfizermedicalinformation.com/en-us/rapamune/storage-handling

But - I’m sure putting sirolimus tablets in a moisture-proof ziplock plastic bag (or two, incase one ziplock opens) and in a freezer is not going to hurt them, and may prolong their shelf-life. But even if in your bathroom cabinet, I’m sure we’re fine for years…

6 Likes

who is the supply and what is the cost per pill? are you comfortable with the purity and potency?

1 Like

I don’t know how to answer that . . . they’re 1mg rapamycin pills. I gave the rest of the info already

1 Like

I think what Phil ordered was the Biocon sirolimus - which people here have had lab tested and the results were pretty good. See here: Rapamycin / Sirolimus from India, Lab Test Report on Quality / Purity

4 Likes