Why & How to Test your Rapamycin (2)

Valise changed their business model and no longer does testing for consumers. They were great because they were specifically focused on testing pharmaceuticals for contaminants so they were set up for this and new exactly what to look for. I don’t know of any other labs that do anything specific like this. There are many analytical testing labs out there in all the major metro areas, but when when I’ve tried to find one in the past they tend to be pretty expensive, like $700 to $1,000 for a compound analysis via HPLC, but that was a few years ago last time I looked. Perhaps there are new ones offering low cost services now.

1 Like

Some good news on the Indian pharmaceutical front… I wonder if they will be allowed to do unannounced inspections of the Indian factories. That was one of the problems cited in the Katherine Eban book, that the FDA was not allowed to do unannounced inspections of the facilities so some of the Indian companies were just hiding the false records, etc. before the FDA people inspected the factories…

US FDA to boost inspections of drug manufacturing units in India

Feb 27 (Reuters) - The U.S. drug regulator is set to increase the number of inspections at Indian drug manufacturing units in 2024 amid growing concerns over the quality of drugs, a top executive for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) told Reuters.

The FDA conducted more than 200 inspections in 2023 in India, picking up after a lull in unannounced inspections during the pandemic.

“We are putting every effort into increasing the number of inspections … (and) requesting more drug investigators to be stationed here,” FDA Country Director (India) Sarah McMullen said on Tuesday.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/us-fda-boost-inspections-drug-manufacturing-units-india-2024-02-27/

2 Likes

I want to provide two sources of medication testing that I haven’t seen on this forum.

This past weekend, I reached out to the labs below about whether they were able to test Indian generics (or any medication) for identity, quantity, and purity. The three medications I asked about, not quite randomly, were rapamycin, bempedoic acid, and dapagliflozin.

One of these labs has been very popular in the AAS (steroid) and peptide worlds for many years. Though they test substances that are controlled in the United States, they operate legally in their country (Czech Republic). Their owner is a former MD and is very active and professional on forums.

Janoshik Analytical

The quotes:
1x Rapamycin analysis x 380 USD = 380 USD
1x Bempedoic analysis x 380 USD = 380 USD
1x Dapagliflozin analysis x 380 USD = 380 USD

The 2nd lab is Chromate. Chromate is a fairly new company located in the US, but I have seen a sample report that matched a Janoshik test of the same batch of peptides very closely. I suspect their prices will increase if they gain in popularity.

The owner gave me permission to post his response:

Those 3 items can be tested for $200 each. Purity can only be assessed if raw powder is provided. If the medications are in finished dosage form, then we can determine the amount of the compound in the capsule / tablet.”

I think I would be satisfied with knowing identity and content.

4 Likes