What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

I thought similarly after reviewing everything. Got mine 10 days ago. Took 1 mg first week and then yesterday decided to go straight to 3 mg for second week. I’ll increase to 5 within 2 weeks-- side effects permitting. So far I haven’t noticed anything except that I’ve gained 3 lbs. That’s NOT desirable. But could be unrelated to rapa.

I thought similarly after reviewing everything. Got mine 10 days ago. Took 1 mg first week and then yesterday decided to go straight to 3 mg for second week. I’ll increase to 5 within 2 weeks-- side effects permitting. So far I haven’t noticed anything except that I’ve gained 3 lbs. That’s NOT desirable. But could be unrelated to rapa.

1 Like

I’m on 24 mg every two weeks.

My blood pressure, insulin, glucose, ldl all good.

Unfortunately my lipoprotein a is high.

Am considering raising my rapamycin dose given no issues with current dose. Perhaps to 28 mg or 30 mg every other week to offset genetics.

Any thoughts?

3 Likes

How about lymphocytes? Are they holding normal?

1 Like

Lymphs (absolute) has been stable at 1.1 for a while (range: 0.7 to 3.1). Lymphs have been between 28 and 32 (no established range) for the past year. My WBC has been on the lower end of the range (3.4 to 10.8) for years… from 3.4 to 4.5 over past few years.

4 Likes

You might want to take a look at this post by @rivasp12 on the doctors’ sub-forum:

5 Likes

I started week #1 on 2mg
Week #2 (this week) went to 3mg with no issue.
I’m planning to keep upping the dose until 5mg based on the Joan B. Mannick study I cited above, along with MK i/v, also linked above, stating the established range for folks is 3-6mg.
Haven’t noticed any side effects good or bad at this point.

For my co-pilot chiwiennie, I kept him at .5 since he can’t tell me how he’s feeling.

He’s ~ 18lbs. I would like to get him to 1mg, and am looking for research to support this for him.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Cryotherapy is pretty amazing unfortunately I have to drive 35 minutes each way for a 3 minute treatment.

1 Like

Should we repeat the user survey- the original one was done a while ago, October 2021. We since have had a lot of new members.

6 Likes

I concur this. I am just starting my rapamycin journey and would be great to see new results as reading this forum you get so many different protocols, reasonings etc… it gets confusing.

2 Likes

It seems like the dosage is highly personalized. Even those who get blood levels tested really don’t know the optimal number to aim for. We are all guessing.

My guess is abou 9 mg weekly. And go on a 20mg bender every now and then.

1 Like

yes, but why weekly not bi-weekly? or 10 days apart?

I understand that it is highly personalized, that side effects should be minimal and positive or wanted effects maximized… so playing around is what you suggest? :sweat_smile: It is hard to tell that to a very controlling person who likes things clear and sound :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

As someone here likes to say…

It’s like finding a black cat in a dark room.

However if you have a plausible theory…

1 Like

Its all about perceived risk/reward calculations - largely based off the data from the original Mannick study described above: What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity? - #8 by RapAdmin

We really don’t have any new data (thats derived from clinical trials). When you read this entire thread you pretty much have the best information we’ve got right now. Its highly imperfect. People are trying differing things, watching their blood work to identify if things are going the wrong direction, and people are tracking the side effects they notice (skin rashes, etc. that pop up occasionally) and making their decisions (with their doctors) as to the best course of action.

We have more people on the forum now, but we really don’t have any new and good data that can help us guide us on dosing optimization yet.

7 Likes

I moved to tri-weekly dosing.

My first reason is that a 3 week interval should wash out the rapamycin between doses, (which doesnt happen with a bi-weekly schedule), so no need for the occasional rapa vacation.

Second, my senolytic interval is also tri-weekly, taken toward the end of the rapa cycle. Since I take curcumin daily except for those times when I dont want to induce CYP3a4 (and interfere with rapamycin and dasatinib dosage) the tri weekly schedule results in fewer days I need to avoid curcumin.

3 Likes

Curcurmin is a really interesting molecule. It is also a HAT (Histone Acetyl Transferase) inhibitor and a HDAC (Histone DeAcetylase) inhibitor (in that it inhibits both opening up genes to transcribe them and closing them down afterwards). Exactly what the impact of this is I don’t know. Quercetin oddly enough is also a both (HAT/HDAC) inhibitor.

It (C) also metabolises into Ferulic Acid and Vanillin (at least in a minor way).

4 Likes

Imo it’s the best schedule because it allows to wash it out completely. I switched to 2.5 weeks. So far so good: blood markers are very good, no negative side effects, sleep is great, energy is good too, and in addition gained some very wanted pounds :blush: (from 107lb to 112 within 3 months).

3 Likes

Although I am with you on this I think one issue is the impact on WBC (much that in theory a low WBC is a good thing - and I have that in spades). WBC has a delayed impact because of the average lifespan of White Blood Cells. Hence it is not just getting a reduction in Rapa that matters, but also the knock on effects.

3 Likes

Interesting that both Quercetin and curcumin share those functions. I did not know that. Thank you for sharing.

When I use them together they have a good effect on my wellbeing, in form of increased mood and a minor high. Qurcetin Phytosome from Thorn taken on empty stomach together with Green Tea Extract 725 mg. And after approx 1-2 hours I take 400 mg Curcumin BCM-95.

In theory, they can have a minor inhibitory effect on mTOR and also a weak activating effect on NRF2. But they are far from clean substances, and they have a host of other effects so it is hard to say what actually causes the effects I get from them. And also, they might act in synergy when it comes to absorption and to crossing the BBB? Which can explain why I don’t experience the same when I take them in other combinations.

Yes Curcumin + Quercetin is an exciting combination. (+ Green tea but extract not green tea)

This paper about "improving the oral bio availability of beneficial polyphenols through designed synergies” gave me some clues to the potential synergies between polyphenols…

4 Likes