Triglyercerides and Insulin (with a touch of cholesterol)

I had the precise same response, A1C went up, liver enzymes when up and TRCLY went up. 6mg weekly was the dose.

“I had the precise same response, A1C went up, liver enzymes when up and TRCLY went up. 6mg weekly was the dose.”

Sorry if you mentioned, but how long have you taken Rapamycin? Did these changes in blood markers correct itself with time, or not at all? Thanks.

It was my first 8 week course. Values have begun to go back to baseline. I have not resumed rap.

1 Like

Update. So spouse who is in tail-end of perimenopause (originally, pretty brutal which set us on the research course) started noticing hot flashes again after 2nd course (6 weeks on/ 2 weeks off). Rap definitely suppresses steroidal hormones so she’s going to take a break. It’s hit her sleep quite a bit which is very reminescent of early peri…despite a healthy HRT bioidental regiment. Feels more estradiol than progesterone but either way, steroids are too important to mess with. may wait a month and try a really subdued regiment (1 week on/3 weeks off or variant). I’ll prob do the same just to get on schedule. Testing in 2 months to see effects. It will be interesting to see if metrics (metabolic, etc) are affected at very low levels. Will report back.

What time of day did she take the rapamycin? I find I can’t sleep if I take it in the afternoon/evening. But I’m fine if I take it in the morning.

The study that rivasp12 linked certainly supports combining Metformin with Rapamycin. The Metformin helps mitigate the negative impacts of rapamycin on hypoglycemia and the rapamycin improves the uptake of Metformin.

This study demonstrates that the hyperglycemic effects of rapamycin can be managed with antihyperglycemic co-treatments such as metformin, and that the benefits of rapamycin are enhanced by such co-treatment.

1 Like

morning. Interestingly, no sleep issues for first session (6 weeks). Kicked up week 3 of 2nd session. About 3 days after 4mg rap. Just wide awake till about 1am. Totally reminiscent of hormone flux/loss during peri. I’m not seeing any of this. Some women are much more dependent on hormones…about 25% of those entering per have debilitating effects. Almost wonder if rap is partially “reversing” peri and bringing ovarian function back online. Hot flashes have been gone for months now.

2 Likes

We already take met (750)…for about 2-3 years now. And berberine.

That makes no sense, taking 2 drugs with the same class/ intented target would only increase side effects not action…

4 Likes

Sleep issues can sometimes be associated with lower progesterone levels - taking an oral form of progesterone may help. If in Peri-menopause, then should not need any estradiol.

the takes a ton of progesterone at night which always does the trick. The change from rap totally negated this. Either cortisol or histamine is spiking.

Rapa has been shown in animal models to partially reverse ovarian aging so I think this makes sense. It would be interesting to see her hormone levels, including FSH and LH, before and after Rapa.

I am not sure of the mechanism that would make sense of why that would happen, but were all leaning:) Usually, an oral dose of progesterone 100 - 200mg can help with sleep.

@IndigoNaturals that is very interesting - I’m in menopause and taking HRT.

Since starting Rapa I started experiencing symptoms of too much estrogen, EG: breast soreness.

When I had my 6 monthly hormone blood test it didn’t show anything out of the ordinary.

@Basil_Dev: I’ve experienced breast soreness and even visible swelling after dosing Rapa. No changes in my hormonal blood work however. I found this study interesting with this regard: Sirolimus-induced Inflammatory Lymphoedema of the Breast Resolved After Switching to Cyclosporine | HTML | Acta Dermato-Venereologica

2 Likes

Oh wow @Pat25 !

Mine isn’t nearly as bad as in that picture. But what I have noticed is that I reduced my Estrogen and the breast soreness is diminishing.

So I thought maybe the rapa is allowing my body to assimilate the estrogen in a better way so now I may need less than I did before - but if that was the case, you’d think I would see this in my blood tests.

1 Like

Luckily for me it is also not as bad as in the picture. I would probably stop taking Rapa
if it was :-). But I do definitely experience unilateral soreness/swelling after dosing Rapa.

I can understand your initial thoughts about oestrogen assimilation. I’m not taking any hormones as I’m not (peri-)menopausal, but I have been taking blood tests of my gonadal hormones the past years. And I also didn’t notice any changes in my hormonal blood work as mentioned. As the swelling at one point was quite apparent, I started looking into research and came across that paper. Personally I felt that may explain my symptoms.

1 Like

thx. seeing classic responses from peri like hot flashes, brain shocks, mood, sleep, etc. Probably age difference for different effects?

Research points to rap suppressing E, P, and T. Makes sense…hold off on reproduction…there’s a famine! Unfortunately, every cell in the body has receptors for the three. Will try lower level after it clears.

3 Likes

Been on 300mg bioidentical P for 3 years now. It’s the sweet spot based on Dutch test results. very stable till rap (after about 10 weeks). Starting to calm down with 10 days off.

1 Like