Travel to Easter Island--Rapa Nui?

Your photos made me check my hard drive for some photos of mine. Great memories. As I said statues are most magical at sunrise.

Yes, most of the island shores are rocky. Dark, black rocks. but the Pacific ocean is wild and magically blue.

We did not take scooters, surely doable, but we decided for a small open top SUV. In August weather was really unpredictable, warm, but not too warm, windy, rain came several times as a shower and sun came out minutes later.

This is the crater lake. This is where I imagine rapamycin was found (from description in papers) and it is truly the most magical part of the island. No statues around, but this is where ancient islanders lived.

7 Likes

Hello Rapa Peoples!

I saw this online in the news - a bit on the Easter Island statues. Cool to see how big they are - how much is hidden in the ground.

Link: Rarely Seen Images Of Things We've Always Wondered About - Democratic Underground

And a rare dissected nervous system artifact in my museum follows this piece on the Rapa Heads in “Rarely Seen Images Of Things We’ve Always Wondered About!”

Funny huh - how everything is connected - we just don’t know it.

6 Likes

@Agetron Looking good there buddy! What you’re doing is working. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to visit Rapa Nui one day. Hopefully being on rapamycin will help provide us all with many years of opportunity.

2 Likes

I would join :blush:! Any plans, yet?

1 Like

Not yet. We are just thinking about it. I would love to cruise there, but my understanding is that that is iffy–you can get all the way there, encounter bad weather, and then you are unable to go ashore.

3 Likes
3 Likes

A NEW DISCOVERY AT EASTER ISLAND COULD REWRITE HISTORY.

This just showed up… they believe Rapa Nui islanders created a unique language… written on wood that predates European conquest in 1720.

Wonder what it says?

Cool.

3 Likes

And here’s a bit more on the language of Rapa Nui:

Fascinating.

2 Likes