RMR Update by Augrey de Grey Xmas 2023 on Rapamycin and etc

RMR = Robust Mouse Rejuvenation by Aubrey de Grey Update Xmas 2023: rapamycin works the best

3 Likes

Could anyone explain the other three treatments besides Rapamycin?

Thanks @Joseph_Lavelle !

Ah. Conjugated Navitoclax as a senolytic. Brilliant.

1 Like

Here’s an interview with more details on strategy and compounds used.

4 Likes

Aubreydegrey just shared the initial results of combining multiple known longevity interventions, and the results are epic. In the control group (blue), only 35% of the mice are still alive. Meanwhile, in the group that received all the interventions (red), close to 80% are still alive.

====================

aubreydegrey: Everyone please note that this is just females. The survival of control males is over 60% at present, so the average is just on 50%, as expected for C57Bl/6 of this age. (This strain is well known to be unusual in that males outlive females.)

https://x.com/Koningsbruggen/status/1750189964871057517?s=20

2 Likes

One of the most exciting things about this study is the fact that the interventions stack. I hope these will become available for humans in the near future as well.

2 Likes

Yes, the other treatments are
Mouse telomerase reverse transcriptase

And Nav-gal, a senolytic

If I’m reading the chart correctly, together they outperform rapamycin?

1 Like

But the other two are not fit for humans yet, I believe. So, only Rapamycin is viable for us right now. D+Q might be a decent substitute for NavGal.

1 Like

D+Q = Dasatinib + Quercetin?

2 Likes

Regarding the stacking of interventions in the above plot, less than 10% added on top of rapamycin effect for males, for females higher.

https://twitter.com/Koningsbruggen/status/1750278366576472490

3 Likes

I thought there also was a stem cell treatment via reduced conditioning method. Is that no longer a part of it?

Yes - HSC (hematopoietic stem cells). see this thread: Robust Mouse Rejuvenation Project - #12 by RapAdmin

1 Like

Cool. @L_Hayes @DeStrider and others here is more info on that - seem very promising as it is not just one new type of small molecule, but represents a new class of longevity treatments (and is one example of the power of “replacement”

3 Likes