Red Light Therapy needs Nitric Oxide to be Effective

12g of fruit sugar in a Beet-It shot. Unless you’re on strict keto diet, who cares? If you’re worried about a blood sugar spike, you could just take it after a meal. Or drink celery juice instead🤢

1 Like

FWIW

Arugula has more nitrates than beet.

Review the table 1, linked below;

2 Likes

I’ve tried replacing the baby kale with arugula in my morning smoothies. Unfortunately arugula (aka rocket lettuce) has a strong peppery taste. I went back to baby kale because of its mild taste and the fact that it contains a sulforaphane analog (since it’s in the same family as broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables and still has some nitrate as well).

1 Like

You can test your NO level very easily with saliva test strips.

HumanN Nitric Oxide Test Strips

I have tried very large doses of citrulline, arginine, and beet root. They did nothing to increase my NO level. I tried the HumanN Neo40 product. It did not work either according to the HumanN brand test strips. However, the product from Berkeley Life called “Nitric Oxide Foundation” works extremely well. The test strips from HumanN and Berkeley show the exact same results about an hour after taking a dose. And, show elevated nitric oxide for 16+ hours of taking a single dose. I think @Joseph_Lavelle had similar results.

I have a full body red light therapy bed. I’ve never thought about testing my NO before and after a treatment. I might test that sometime.

3 Likes

Yes the eNOS enzyme produces NO from arginine (or indirectly from citrulline after conversion to arinine) but it can also become uncoupled from NO production and produce harmful superoxide radicals instead of NO. This is more common in aging because one of the things that can uncouple eNOS is increased oxidative stress, which is common in older adults.

2 Likes

@stealle Stay tuned for a way to get Berkley products (and a lot more) at big discounts. I’m working on a way to get permanent savings (vs 1-time). I’ll be able to share here when (and if) it comes to fruition. I’m hoping for 25-30% savings.

My main effort is to get off of Amazon as a source of supplements. I do not trust Amazon to police its suppliers, and I don’t think Amazon is careful enough in how it stores product for sale.

5 Likes

Sounds good to me. I think the Berkeley Nitric Oxide Foundation product is great. It actually works as proven by test strips. Only negative is it’s a little pricey. So, I’d love to save some money.

I also worry about storage. As a matter of fact I try to buy a larger quantity of supplements, to get me through the summer, around this time of year because I figure storage (and travel during shipping) in heat is less of an issue.

2 Likes

I feel that iHerb is superior to Amazon as it is a supplement focused company. I believe it has tighter quality controls as they do not allow regular folks to sell potentially fake products. Prices are also similar although Amazon can be cheaper due to a larger selection of brands.

2 Likes

I have explored iHerb a few times but I seem to be unlucky in what I pick to price compare with Amazon. The same product and the same brand has always been cheaper on Amazon so I’ve never pulled the trigger. But I agree that Amazon should not be trusted with my health which is why I’m chasing down a solution.

The problem goes like this:

• I’m tempted to try the latest thing that could make a difference in my health and athletic performance
  • it costs too much but I want to try it anyway
  • this gets repeated, and now I am spending a lot every month on powders and pills
  • I’m on the lookout for cheaper alternatives that seem credible or are said to work by someone I met on the internet. Hopefully the government will keep harmful products from getting to me.
  • I also am quick to drop things that don’t seem to make a difference and are disparaged by people I met on the internet.

Solution

• limit how many supplements I can have in my stack
  • now I can afford to spend more on each supplement to make sure I am actually getting what I am promised and that the supplements have been properly handled during shipping and storage
  • HOWEVER…if I can find a way to spend less on fewer supplements, I’m in 100%
2 Likes

I tend to use Amazon to source things (in the UK). However, sometimes you need to go to the manufacturers website (things like Uroithin A although there are more generic ones). Also I find desertcart (.co.uk) has a broader range of things although they may not be as cheap.

iHerb and Biovea can be useful. Lithium more recently has been harder to get.

I managed to get Vanadium and Strontium (the non radioactive version) reasonably easily, but my assessment of the risk/reward on these is to not take them. I have also stopped Molybdenum so I can monitor the effects on Urate.

4 Likes

…… any update here?

1 Like

It is going to happen. Stay tuned. I’m still ironing out details. I’m very optimistic that this will be great.

1 Like

This may take until May to fully launch but I can invite individuals to see what supplements and brands are available and at what cost. And you can place orders at 25-30% savings from retail price. I just haven’t gotten all the extra features set up: supplement intake tracking by nutrient across supplements (bought from wherever) and potential nutrient deficiencies related to pharmaceuticals (put in your own meds).

Anyone here can send me a message on this chat room to give me an email address to send the invitation. No cost and no commitment necessary. Most of the top brands are available.

4 Likes