Rapamycin Users in New Zealand or Australia?

im australian and take rapamycin :slight_smile: I get my script from a doctor (online doctor service) so I go to the pharmacy to pick up my rapamycin with a prescription. I dont buy online.

2 Likes

Hi there,

I am in NZ and just looked here for an online Dr service. Never heard of it but indeed we do have. How did you go about requesting Rapamycin? Did you have to explain yourself? I don’t quite know where to start. Did you indicate the dosing protocol you would follow? Thanks
Dionne

1 Like

@Jensen_Achilles I am from Australia too. Would you mind sharing the online doctor service that you use? I haven’t been able to find any that will prescribe it.

2 Likes

I think he mentioned earlier that it was Medmate (see the Australia listing here: Rapamycin Prescription, Doctors that Prescribe It

But I think its no longer working for people.

3 Likes

Ok sure - yes, that is correct I already tried them - they no longer prescribe Rapamycin.

1 Like

Folks - I’ve just been contacted by a doctor in Australia who is now prescribing rapamycin to people who will visit him in Melbourne. I’ve added him to the doctors list we have on the site.

Dr Hugh Leslie

Melbourne, Australia

I am a primary care physician in Australia and am willing to prescribe Rapamycin for individuals who are prepared to have an initial face to face consultation and be regularly followed up.

3 Likes

Fantastic!

This is music to my ears.

I will definitely be in touch.

1 Like

Yes, great news! Do you know if he takes patients from outside Australia, provided they visit him initially? I’d also be interested in finding out what he charges, what ongoing monitoring is on offer and how much the rapamycin prescriptions are.

2 Likes

No idea - I recommend you contact him and post here what you learn.

Hi there,

I ordered rapamycin from Oddway’s about 3 weeks ago, and got a letter through the mail this morning from Medsafe NZ. I have to take a form to my GP and get them to fill it out. I’m quite nervous as I know my GP has no idea about longevity meds. Any advice on what I should say? Thanks

1 Like

Sorry meant to say it was stopped by customs.

1 Like

Did you have any luck getting hold of the Australian Dr?
Just read the Medsafe letter more closely. It says they won’t let medicine in to NZ that has been prescribed by Drs outside of NZ.

1 Like

I didn’t follow up on it because I decided I’d wait and see if the study that’s been planned in NZ happens (must chase it up) and obviously if I started taking it outside, then it would rule me out. Well spotted that we can’t receive meds prescribed by overseas doctors, so that’s another hurdle to consider.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Will let you know what happens at Dr tomorrow avo.

1 Like

Sorry to hear customs stopped your Oddways shipment. I kept my orders quite small (US$200-300 worth) and all 3 shipments came through without any problems.

2 Likes

Just the luck of the draw I am guessing. My order was also that size. I am going to get it sent back and try again. Thanks for the message.

1 Like

Hello Dionne, what happened at the GP? Did you order come through? I’m also looking at using oddways.

Hi there. No unfortunately no luck anywhere. Oddways are great in that they first tried again, and then refunded my money when it was stopped the second time. So given that some people have got it in, I would definitely try. Goodluck. Will be interested to hear what happens. D

3 Likes

Hi John
Did you happen to find out anything about the Study they were supposed to be doing?
Thx
Mark

2 Likes

Also getting orders from India confiscated by NZ MedSafe. First couple were successful but subsequent small shipments have been stopped. Does anyone have insight into how NZ customs scan/test/track shipments? Or suggestions for increasing delivery success? Confirmed with a pharmacist that Australian scripts are not valid in NZ. Hoping that the sclerotic NZ medical industry will catch up sooner or later…

1 Like