Rapamycin + Intermittent Fasting

Incase this was not answered yet. I’ve done aprox 12 rounds of prolon. Sadly, the fasting bars are not even close to what is in the 5 days of prolon boxes. They are vile! They gave me countless boxes of those bars for free I had to dump them. Couldn’t even give them away :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do calorie restriction combined with once weekly 10 mg rapamycin. I have been doing so for 5 years. I believe there are combined benefits as rapamycin targets a subset of genes that cr does. With respect of intermittent fasting as I eat only when I’m hungry, I may wind up eating only during 3 hour window or so during a day. That said after carefully reviewing a research, there doesn’t seem to be any good evidence that there is any value beyond calorie restrictions to intermittent fasting. Further if for you intermittent fasting or cr negatively impacts your interest in exercise or your muscle body mass, I’d stay away from it.

What was it that you hated so much about the fasting bars?

I loved the bars in the prolon 5 day fasting box

I just thought the other bars that are sold separately are too gross tasting to eat. Everyone is of course different and I’m sure many people like them. Fwiw, I’m in a prolon facebook group and many people fee the same way. So, if you should ever want to try them, i suggest only buying one box ?