Rapamycin for Hair Growth and Hair Pigmentation

mTOR signaling in hair follicle and hair diseases: recent progress

Mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) signaling pathway is a major regulator of cell proliferation and metabolism, playing significant roles in proliferation, apoptosis, inflammation, and illness. More and more evidences showed that the mTOR signaling pathway affects hair follicle circulation and maintains the stability of hair follicle stem cells. mTOR signaling may be a critical cog in Vitamin D receptor (VDR) deficiency-mediated hair follicle damage and degeneration and related alopecia disorders. This review examines the function of mTOR signaling in hair follicles and hair diseases, and talks about the underlying molecular mechanisms that mTOR signaling regulates.

Full paper (open access):

3 Likes

Okay time for another batch of @Agetron hair formula. This time I am making some changes. I am gonna try Bryan Johnson’s formula since I have most of the stuff on-hand. Even Diclofenac which I used to take for my hip arthritis prior to getting a resurface. I will add 6mg of Rapa and some bimatoprost too. Btw: my last batch was just okay with berberine in place of Metformin. Turned my hair yellowish. Wife not a fan :wink:

5 Likes

Nice mix. Is that for a month at a time?

I just started on my ‘hair’ concoction as well. I get ideas from Bryan J., but overall, he tends to jump on everything at times.

I follow the formula mentioned earlier in this post, 1oz of DMSO to break down the molecules for an hour with mixing every 10-15 mins. Then add 3oz of minoxidil. Mix again a few times. Then add to two dark glass bottles with glass blotters. It lasts me about 2.5 months depending on how heavy I go. All of Bryan’s hair formula is pretty standard. The melatonin and Diclofenac I haven’t seen commonly applied to hairloss. Makes sense though as both are anti inflammatory……can’t hurt.

2 Likes

The topicical formula is $140 per fill, my first batch lasted close to 3 months using a pea sized amount as directed almost every night. My second refill does not seem to contain as much product so probably won’t last 3 months.

Been off my skunk works formula 6 months. Just doing oral finasteride and minoxidil. Oddly my hair has retained its color

However, I reached the point of too much thinning. Made my new and improved batch with some ideas from Danlalane.

More soon.

5 Likes

@Agetron just ran into this sifting through the forums. Looking good, and hair looks great. Question: Are you using this treatment with to facial hair also?

3 Likes

I am not using on my beard… that said my facial hair and arm hair is growing faster and thicker - need trimmed constantly… from rapamycin, finasteride and minoxidil oral.

I do use Simpler hair color on beard very easy… not harsh… no skin irritations.

1 Like

As mentioned earlier today… my hair regrowth benefit has fallen backwards after months of not using my hair tonic.

Seen in the picture:
5 white tablets 500mg Metformin
4 green pills 2mg each… Zydus Sirolimus
4 pills blue pills Finasteride
Rosemary oil
Diclofenac gel
Odorless DMSO,
5% Minoxidol topical 2 fluid oz.
5 white pills Minoxidol

3 capsules ECGC
3 capsules Resveratrol

The main changes are added Rosemary oil and Diclofenac Gel

4 Likes

I tried this for a three months for gray hair, not regrowth. I did it religiously once a day, but after my second batch ran out I didn’t remake it right away, and found that it didn’t seem to last long, maybe only a couple of weeks, suggesting a temporary dying effect via the DMSO. I didn’t use Finasteride, so not sure how that would effect things.

Regarding the color of the different compounds, I think it’s unusual that Resveratrol be in a brown liquid; I’ve only ever bought it in a white powder. I wonder what effect you’d see if you used white powders for the Resveratrol and ECGC, rather than the Green Tea Fat Burner pills, if ECGC is available in that form. This may also help with the smell.

One other comment, the 5 minoxidil pills aren’t doing much to increase the amount of minoxidil in the solution if you’re already using 5% minoxidil liquid. A 50 ml bottle of 5% solution will have 2.5 g of minoxidil, and adding 5x of 10 mg minoxidil pills only increases the concentration to 5.1%.

2 Likes

Yeah…I have the extra minoxidil so I tossed it in.

My hair is plenty good visually… it’s just I can feel it is thinner on the crown and front.

Day 2 use of tonic… I forgot how much healthier my hair feels to the touch… and scalp itchiness gone. Rich ginger/brown color back too.

As to smell… the Rosemary oil is very subtle and nice. And, enriches hair shaft with oil. Great addition

Will use for 3 months and see if it thickens up again.

1 Like

This presentation is a bit hard to follow, (due to the presenter is not used to present in English). Put this aside and start listening at around 12,45. There is interesting information related to skin health and regrowth of hair. As I understand him, they found positive side effects in their oncology related research. Side effects that vastly improves hair regrowth and skin health. If it holds true, then it reminds of the find that rapamycin has a side effect as an anti-aging agent. And therefore is now repurposed targeting aging

Chlorogenic acid, some extract from eucommia ulmoides olives, and liposomal Honokiol are mentioned, and the results sounds amazing. I don’t know if this thread is the most sutiable one for his presentation, if there is a better one please move it there.

It appears Chlorogenic Acid is another HDAC inhibitor.,

1 Like

Some years ago, when searching for a substitute for dasatinib, I looked into clorogenic acid. It might have a role to play in anti aging. Maybe in should have it’s own thread.

Interesting anticancer properties

3 Likes

“Chlorogenic acid is most commonly supplemented in the form of green coffee extract.”
Participation in this forum is costing me a lot of money in the form of continuously adding the newest great supplement to my stack. :smile:

10 Likes

Blagosklonny tried to patent rapamycin topical and they refused.

2 Likes

It appears that most or all of you are guys here. Girl just stepped in. I have AGA. My mother lost most of her hair by age 75. I started losing mine about 4 years ago and I’m 64. I went on a mission to stop that about 2 years ago. I’m 5’4” and 115 lbs. I work out like a fiend and I and in great shape. BMI is 21.

I started experimenting with a lot of stuff you guys are doing. I was so surprised to find this group of rogues (skunks) that are doing your own thing. Please let me join in.

I’ve refined my magic potion down to caffeine, rapamycin, ceterizine, metformin and bimatoprost. I have been taking acarbose/metformin and RAPA for lifespan orally now for 3 years. Reading your posts I ordered DMSO. I need to learn how to add this.

I lost probably 70% of my hair over a 4 year span. I’ve now regained about 50% of that loss over the last year.

I do have hypothyroidism and I’m on 120 mg of NP thyroid. That’s been ongoing for 4 years and I didn’t see a change until I regularly used my serum. That’s been for about a year now.

I don’t add minoxidil bc my hair is very long and I don’t have the luxury if time to wait for it to grow 12 inches after a major shed… Suggestions?

5 Likes

“Ashwagandha substantially enhanced hair density, growth, and thickness compared to the Placebo group.”

3 Likes

Try 5mg of finasteride a day. You don’t need to worry about pregnancy anymore so you can safely inhibit 5ar2.

1 Like

Thanks, @Vlasko !

Ashwaganda root extract (KSM-66) as a topical formulation. I wonder if they added anything to the Ashwa root extract to make it absorb better like transcutol. I skimmed the full article (here) and didn’t see any indication that they had.

Note: “In the present clinical study, an attempted was made to assess and compare the efficacy and safety of an Ashwagandha (root extract) 5 % topical formulation (serum) on hair growth and hair health metrics in healthy adults compared to identical placebo.”

This indicates that they used 5% ashwa root extract in the topical formula. What was the rest, I wonder.

Anyone tried this or something similar?

Any reason to think that ashwaganda taken internally for >75 days might have similar effects?

2 Likes