Rapamycin for Hair Growth and Hair Pigmentation

That’s not appealing. Switching to Transcutol and building another batch.

Yeah, no collagen on my end, either. Maybe it was the alpha ketoglutarate that caused the congealing.

I’m going to toss the whole batch and start over with a simpler recipe.

2 Likes

Pumpkin Seed oil - oral.
Just heard of this, although research has been around for 9 years. Study looks valid with images. NLH collection. HINDAWI Study with charts and images 24 weeks. Looks promising. Link: Effect of Pumpkin Seed Oil on Hair Growth in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial - PMC Its actions have been suggested to be due to phytosterols. Works like minoxidil and finasteride but is a natural substance.

Furthermore, it seems to be a good addition to one’s supplements for skin, hair and a number of health factors great Omega 3 and 6 too. Link: Pumpkin Seed Oil Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits Wow!

Can be used orally and topically (recommended topical once a week or less). No additives pure stuff. Why not - suppose to make the hair coming in on my Agetron Skunk works hooch stronger. I order this on Amazon.

Product:
Carlyle Pumpkin Seed Oil (PSO)

5 Likes

I am hopeful that this discussion will eventually evolve and produce some meaningfully substantive results. So far, it would be tough to claim that shared results have been anything but weak and anecdotal at best. Self-diagnosis is fraught. Accurately reporting such diagnoses further complicates the equation. Solid results require methodologies that aren’t easily followed.

The potential for impressive results is too exciting to ignore, however. I hope we can begin a discussion and plan for increasing the scientific validity of our collective observations!

One point I have already made: the photographic evidence presented so far is almost entirely useless. Controlled data gathering with a consumer cell phone is difficult at best. It can be improved by following a few basic base-configuration steps:

1. Always use the same device
  2. Always use the same illumination
  3. Always use the same configuration (spacial location of device, object, illumination…)
  4. Always use MANUAL mode on your camera (if not, you’re guaranteed to be tripped up by the threshold-sensitive auto-exposure and auto-color-balance granularity. Most phone cameras don’t provide Manual mode)
  5. Always use the same scalp/hair prep (this is a tough one.)

Hopeful.
DG

5 Likes

I just ordered one too.

1 Like

You can always chase your rapamycin dose with pumpkin seed oil to increase bioavailability. :wink:

1 Like

All of this is true, but it is quite hard. I use high magnification USB camera (s). These are quite good and give this sort of image. Because I avoid cutting hair I know short hairs are new.

3 Likes

This is interesting. It triggered a thought for me. My interest, having a full head of thick hair but a slowly receding hairline, is recovering hairline loss. What if one had a ‘jig’ that could ‘index’ to your head somehow. Using a camera such as yours, you could then fairly reliably take photos of the same close-up: my hairline, for example.

1 Like

I got the camera off Amazon in the UK. GBP 72

1 Like

Pumpkin seed oil… who knew?

The study you cite used 400mg a day for 24 weeks.

The Amazon bottle says 1 teaspoon is 14g of pumpkin seed oil. So… roughly 2.5% of a teaspoon would be 400mg. Google says 1tsp is roughly 100 drops of water. So we’re talking 3 waterdrops worth of pumpkin seed oil daily.

It appears that pumpkin seed oil is a “good” fat, so no concern there.

Does anyone have medical advice about adding this to a regimen that already includes Minoxidil and Finasteride? Will it compete or cause any overdose?

As a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor it should do the same job as finasteride. some of us have experienced reduce sex drive and orgasm/ejaculate issues associated with finasteride. I’d love to drop it completely and switch to pumpkin.

Here’s the Amazon link:

2 Likes

Seems easy enough to try out. My Pumpkin Seed oil arrives in a week.

To counteract the reduced ejaculation from finasteride - try sunflower lecithin (not soy). Give it a few months - I went from non-existent clear drops to ropey loads. stop taking it … then my loads stop in days. Definitely works for me. Maybe AmyK will chime in - :wink: Some say no proof - the proof is in your pudding!

Link: Sunflower Lecithin Benefits and Possible Side Effects - Healthier Steps
Another seed oil - like pumpkin that is good for you.

Just wondering if you’ve ever tried to take the minimum effective dose of finasteride? I have BPH and was initially given proscar, which caused me all sorts of problem down there. So I decided to just suffer. I did an unrelated research into hair loss a couple of years later as I was starting to recede and learned that most hair loss clinics recommend a much smaller dose these days. I’ve been taking 1mg three times a week and have had no symptoms since. My hair returned and It’s also shrunk my prostate back to normal levels.

2 Likes

Paul – I agree you can scale down finasteride use every other day … or every third day. My urologist says I have the prostrate of a guy in his 20’s. Jokingly he says he can’t find it on my check-up - knows it is in there. Yeah funny - lol.

3 Likes

I’ve had the pumpkin seed oil a couple of days. Not the greatest taste but it’s ok. There’s talk about using it topically too but I’m not planning on that. Interesting on the Amazon Q&A there’s some controversy about the purity. I called the number on the bottle and they say that they regularly test for purity.

3 Likes

Exactly… it said that you could use it maybe once a week or so on your hair topical… but it would be messy… not likely for me. I’m gonna just take it orally

I’ve always been too nervous to use DMSO for anything, as it allows many compounds to enter the bloodstream.

5 Likes

Just an update from me. I’ve been using a similar protocol to Agetron to fill out my patchy beard. So far it’s been two months, and it appears to be working. Here’s my protocol:

• 5% minox mix from Costco
  • 1/4 tsp LCLT (only helps for facial hair)
  • 2 grams Retinoic Acid: 0.1%
  • 10mg Bitmatoprost
  • 6mg rapam
  • 2.5mg oral minox

I’ll try and add in the EGCG & Resveratrol to help with the greying as well and will include some pictures.

5 Likes

Congrats.

RapAdmin clued me in that possibly the DMSO causes the color of the ECGC and Reveratrol to absorb into the hair shaft… I have no grey and thicker, healthy feeling hair.

I now use once ever few days after shampoo and showering . If I shampoo and skip a day of treatment… the color is still there. Pic is right now…

5 Likes

Please post pre and post photos if you can. And more broadly I encourage anyone who is trying this to be sure to take photos before and after. Seeing is believing!

2 Likes

One other update… my pumpkin oil arrived yesterday so I tried it out this morning. It really tastes smooth… kinda nice. I could see cooking my eggs in it … and using it for all kinds of things.
Hmmm…I think you could even take it with your rapamycin instead of olive oil – EVOO.

1 Like

ok. Here’s what I have. A before:

And an after, 2 months of treatment:

It’s not a perfect comparison, since the ‘before’ is ‘shorter’ so that may make it look even ‘thinner’. As you can see… it’s mostly gray, so I’ll take a stab at the EGCC/Resveratrol to see if that darkens it.

5 Likes