Rapamycin and red light/NIR therapy

The study posted by Rapadmin above has before and after pics.

Reposting.

1 Like

Another thought

Is that Infra Red raditation creates serotonin which is then converted in the mitochondria to melatonin which is then used in the mitochondria to hold back oxidative stress.

This is the study I also referred to in my previous post. It had 136 study subject, of which 23 controls. And it was a sponsored study: “This study was fully funded by JK-Holding GmbH, Windhagen, Germany. All materials, light sources, and evaluation equipment were provided by the sponsor.” JK-Holding sells these lights.
Personally I’d like to see more studies that are not sponsored, concerning the claims in the study that ELT/RLT exposure would increase collagen density. Certainly in light of the many studies that suggest (N)IR upregulates different MMP’s in the skin.

2 Likes

Recently I found that when I combined Rapamycin and red light, I got more severe acne and rash. But when I used red light alone, I didn’t get any acne nor rash.

Here are some combinations I have tried on myself (N=1)

• Rapamycin alone: Mild acne/rash
  • Red light alone: No acne/rash
  • Red light before Rapamycin: Mild acne/rash, same as Rapamycin alone
  • Red light for 3 days after Rapamycin: Severe acne/rash
  • Red light for 7 days after Rapamycin: Very severe acne/rash
  • Hot bath after Rapamycin: Mild acne/rash, same as Rapamycin alone

I guess there might be some interactions between rapamycin and red light.

2 Likes

I have been using Retin A for +10 years at night, Joovv red light for 10 min every morning and Rapamycin 6mg every week for 9 weeks with Olive oil and metformin and have not experienced any rash despite having sensitive skin.

3 Likes

What educated persons use anecdotal evidence to prove anything? Relational vs causation.

1 Like

A lot of anecdotal information… N=1 to see if there is any other user correlation.

Not proof… but a starting point.

When I let Matt Kaeberlein know my dysphagia went away after 6 months of rapamycin use - it intrigued him. The potential of rapamycin is still very unknown in people due to lack of general use. If nerve cells regenerated… why shouldn’t neurological issues repair.

From his perspective, swallowing issues are definitely a functional decline seen in the elderly. Rapamycin very well could repair this issue. He seemed to think a great starting point and
it could be worth a human clinical trial down the road.

Finally have some photos of the difference red light has done. First photo a year before starting red light therapy, second after 2 years of therapy. Platinum LEDs probably average 4 times a week.( no the Diamond is nit mine🙄) my friend was letting me try is on…

5 Likes

Looks good. I am going to start using my long purchased red light panel (660 nm). What frequency are your red lights? 660? 850?

Did the red light improve the diamond?

Unfortunately the diamond went back to my friend…

The platinum lights have five frequencies 630, 660, 810, 830 and 850 some are infrared. They have also done amazing things for my eyebrows. They have done nothing for sleep or weight loss unfortunately…

I have two panels so 12 inches across by 6 feet high.

1 Like

Thank you. My panel is pure 660, 12 x 12. Will need to buy more, if I want it to be floor length.

Who is the manufacture of the panels?

Product information?

Platinum LED
Biomax 900 two panels. The hand nicely on the closet door. They have now added a bit of blue lights to these panels.

1 Like

In a 2012 study, China-based researchers assessed the effect of red light therapy on the sleep quality and performance endurance of 20 female basketball players. Half the players received 30 minutes of full-body irradiation from a red-light therapy machine that looks like a tanning bed. The researchers found this group had greater improvement in sleep and serum melatonin levels than the placebo group, which didn’t receive red light therapy.

Given the limited research, “this is one of those situations where there’s a sleep ‘hack,’ but there’s no evidence behind it really,” said Joshua Tal, a New York City-based psychologist specializing in sleep problems. “I don’t see the benefit.”

2 Likes

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/373466102_Optical_stimulation_of_mitochondria_reduces_blood_glucose_levels

Here we show, with a glucose tolerance test, that red light exposure in normal subjects significantly reduces blood sugar levels. A 15 min exposure to 670 nm light, reduced the degree of blood glucose elevation following glucose intake by 27.7%, over 2 h. Maximum glucose spiking was reduced by 5.1%. Decreased blood glucose correlated with increased exhaled end-tidal CO 2 partial pressure at 1 h, indicating the mechanism includes an increased oxidation rate. Consequently, 670 nm light exposure can be used to reduce blood glucose spikes following meals.

6 Likes