Rapamycin and Metformin - exercise effects

DrRoss, would you mind sharing your current dosing protocol? Weekly or Biweekly? With or without grapefruit juice, etc. Thank you.

one interesting thing i noticed last week tuesday when I took my dose. An hour later I was on a stairmaster and I noticed that I was much less out of breath then normal when at 150+ beats per minute

I was breathing similar to how I would normally breathe at 130-135 bpm

1 Like

Hi Brandy,
Sureā€¦I started out taking 6 mg once weekly. Over the first six months, my blood work indicated that Iā€™d become anemic. I reduced my dose to 6 mg every other week. My subsequent blood work showed that my lab values had normalized. Iā€™m still taking 6 mg every other weekā€¦but plan to start taking my dose with grapefruit juice to see how that works.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your details @desertshores. I also bought from India based on the posts you shared.

For all the hubbub about metformin killing exercise gains Iā€™d have thought the data was stronger. I listened to Attia and Shulman, who said all the studies were in mice with monster doses. I checked Lustgartenā€™s video which had 2 monster dose mouse studies and a normal dose human study on 69yo overweight adults with mobility problems. In that study a significant percentage of participants in control and metformin groups had no positive effect from weight training. And the strength differences can be explained away by significant differences in started strength level. Let me conclude by saying Iā€™m not worrying about using metformin based on this data.

What else is out there?

Lustgarten slides:

6 Likes