Rapamycin and Injury

Given how long it’s been, have you had an MRI done?

1 Like

Yes, I stopped 12 days before out of what I thought at the time was an abundance of caution. But I took, probably unfortunately, my highest dose to date (14mg) and with sardines. One week after surgery, still being ignorant, I took 6mg and then a week later 8mg. I noticed I was healing much slower than normal despite doing what I could to promote healing. Since I am, like @Desertshores, older than dirt, I thought maybe it is just age. But I had a similar surgery just 18 months earlier and the healing was much faster. So, while age maybe did play some part, I figured something else was going on. I did a little research and discovered that Rapa does, or at least can, impair wound healing. Then went I cold turkey for 4 weeks and I was completely healed.

Sidenote: At the end of the 4 weeks, and right before I started Rapa again, I took the Sirolimus blood test at LabCorp mentioned by @RapAdmin. I figured this would be my trough measurement (or baseline) before I gradually build up to a big and bold dosage and do the blood test again in mid or late January. Anyhow, my blood test score this time was: <0.5 ng/mL (flagged as Low). I interpret this to mean that Rapamycin/Sirolimus was either absent or just a trace. The lab results gave the (I guess normal) range as 3.0 to 20.0 .

4 Likes

I am convinced I experienced impaired wound healing on Rapamycin. After a minor in home accident I ended up with a small wound, that normally would have healed within days. (Not the first time this had happened, but it was the first time while taking Rapamycin). Days thereafter it was increasingly swollen, red, irritated and required antibiotics. I happened to have taken Rapamcyin two days prior to that minor in home accident.
But then again: I’m a small person, low in weight, and the side-effects I experience on Rapa seem to be more apparent for me that what I see described by other members.

1 Like

Another one here in the older than dirt club, I did some cardio double step stair climbs on rapa day. I didnt notice til the next day that I must have overstretched a groin muscle (adductor longus).

I ordinarily recover within 24- 48 hours after intense resistance training and this was so minor I expected it to be gone quickly. After 7 days it still is like a pinch in certain movements. Since this injury is a little different from overworked muscles, I’m not convinced it was cause and effect but this isnt the first time I’ve experienced seeming delayed healing possibly attributable to rapa.

1 Like

Can Gabapentin be taken with Rapamycin?

This is a good site for checking drug interactions:

https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

When I type in sirolimus and gabapentin, here are the results I see:

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1147-0,2069-0

1 Like