Rapamycin and increase in blood glucose?

There is some additional discussion regarding this topic in this thread:

2 Likes

Is he planning to reduce the dose?

Its doing something to my fasting glucose as well.

Iā€™m taking 25 jardiance and 50 acarbose for life extension, with rapamycin, and my fasting glucose was still a bit higher than last reading

3 Likes

As an addendum to this, sorry for giving out falty information. I should have brought up, in addition to getting rapamycin, jardiance, and acarbose from my Indian dealer, I have started on heavy duty statins after listening to Stanfield/Attiaā€™s takes on LDL. Iā€™ve just read that statin use can also play a integral part in raising fasting glucose.

Since taking all these substances my blood sugar has raised a couple points. Hopefully the blood sugar goes down over time. Iā€™ve also wanted to take a different statin that seems to have a lighter affect on glucose

Iā€™m pretty sure IV vitamin C causes the machine to register high glucose, but this is a false reading. Itā€™s reading the vitamin C. IV C always does this. My daughter gets 75 grams twice a week for cancer.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my recent experience with Rapamycin and its unexpected effect on my blood glucose levels, hoping to gain some insights or hear from others who might have faced similar issues.

A bit about me: Iā€™m 41 years old, quite active in fitness with a routine that includes cardio, HIIT, and weightlifting five days a week / avoiding carbs besides workouts in predominantly 16/8 intermittent fasting regime. Iā€™ve always had normal glucose levels, so what Iā€™m encountering now is quite new to me.

My Rapamycin Journey: I started with a dosage schedule of 2mg/4mg/6mg weekly. After this initial phase, I shifted to a new protocol about four weeks ago. This involved consuming a whole grapefruit and 3mg of Rapamycin with EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), once weekly. Alongside, Iā€™ve been taking 1000mg of Metformin on the day of Rapamycin intake and the day after, as well as 100mg of Acarbose with starchy meals.

The Concern: Despite my active lifestyle and dietary precautions, my latest readings have shown my fasting glucose levels at a prediabetic level of 110 mg/dl + pretty high glucose volatility, as measured by an Abbott CGM. This was quite surprising and concerning for me.

Current Steps: In response to this, Iā€™ve decided to take a pause with Rapamycin to stabilize my fasting glucose levels. Once things are back to normal, I plan to reduce the Rapamycin dosage / control glucose further.

3 Likes

3+GFJ is quite a bit more than 6 without. Youā€™re probably getting more like 10mg/wk. Everybody is different, but I would have trouble with that dose. My fasting blood sugar is over 100 for the first week after taking 4+GFJ. The next week itā€™s down in the 80ā€™s. I dose every 2 weeks.

Iā€™ve been taking 'flozins lately for the first week. Iā€™m doing a trial now to prove they work. Some on here say they donā€™t kick in until blood glucose hits 140. My experience has been different.

6 Likes