Rapamycin and Grapefruit Juice

3 + GFJ is a very big dose weekly. Over time there could be side effects in your bloodwork like elevated fasting glucose and lipids. You should watch this pretty closely. I usually take 4+ GFJ every 2 weeks.

I don’t think anybody knows the answer of the best dose, but still watching for potential side effects seems prudent.

6 Likes

Thanks, I remembered after reading your post that I have a glucose meter. I’ll have to start checking fasting glucose levels. I also have a meter that reads cholesterol, but I need to purchase a test specific attachment for that. Pretty sure I’ll have bloodwork from the doctor October 20.

1 Like

Do you have 0,5mg pills?

1 Like

No. I have 1mg pills that are scored in the middle. Very easy to break in half.

1 Like

Ummm…when you break them you might lose viability.

Unless you use Labcorp test to measure your blood’s Sirolimus… post dose…you won’t really know for sure.

6 Likes

What vendor are you using for this sirolimus? I haven’t researched this, but some medications are designed with a special coating that if you break it, it eliminates the benefit that the coating provides, thus largely eliminates the bioavailability increase that the coating provides.

I’d recommend you research this carefully. For example: Rapamycin and NanoCrystal Formulations

8 Likes

The manufacturer is Biocon. They are 1mg, white tablets with score mark down the middle. They are in blister packs, 10 pills per pack. I do see that it says the tablets are film coated. I don’t know if that coating or breaking tablets in two effects bioavailability. Thanks for the heads up on dosage and tablet coatings. I will not break the tablets in the future. Until I can get a rapamycin test, I’ll stick with 2mg + GFJ.

My dosing so far has been as follows:
6/26/23 - 1mg
07/3/23 - 2mg
7/10/23 - 4mg
7/17/23 - 5mg
7/24/23 - 6mg
7/31/23 - 3mg + 8oz GFJ
08/7/23 - 4mg + 8oz GFJ
8/14/23 - 3.5mg + 8oz GFJ
8/21/23 - 2.5mg + 8oz GFJ
8/28/23 - 3mg + 8oz GFJ
9/05/23 - 3.5mg + 8oz GFJ
9/12/23 - 3mg + 8oz GFJ
9/20/23 - 2.5mg + 8oz GFJ

Here’s front and back pics.

3 Likes

I second this. You don’t want to break the coating. It defeats the purpose as it greatly reduces bioavailability.

4 Likes

Oh and I looked back in my email and found the company I worked with was G.P. PHARMA INTERNATIONAL on IndiaMART. The process was a bit convoluted for me, never having used WISE for international payment, but it was doable. The item was received within 2 weeks.

2 Likes

OK Thank You. I broke coating in 4 out of 13 doses. I will not waste any more of the pills by doing that!
Actually, silver lining is it kept my rapamycin blood level a bit lower.

2 Likes

What is the rationale for going from low dose to high dose and then back, or just trial and error? any paper on it?

I tend to feel best when I do 10 plus GFJ, plus I get no side effects with this dose, all other from 1-5 with GFJ i get minor side effects. I am thinking of switching to biweekly though. Question wouldn’t taking acarbose take care of the elevated fasting glucose, or not related?

1 Like

Acarbose has not worked that way for me. It blunts the glucose spike from a meal with carbs, it makes SCFA which is no small deal, but it does not help my fasting glucose.

The pioglitazone does not work for that either. I hoped it would, but no. I still take it for other reasons.

The flozins do work for me. Empag or jardiance works at 25. It makes me pee a lot, which is not a great big deal on the farm, but I still find it annoying and have to get up in the night, also annoying. I just got dapagaflozin and it’s amazing. No side effects and works like a charm. My glucose was 79 this morning.

I take 1000 berberine also and have for years, It doesn’t work for fasting glucose either.

2 Likes

Are you saying that dapagliflozin doesn’t make you need to pee at night? Or just that there are no other side effects other than that?

1 Like

I’ve taken it only 2 nights in a row now and I don’t have to get up. Also not a bother during the day. It’s a miracle so far. FG was 82 or something then 79 this morning. Perfect.

I like it better so far. Got it from Jagdish with my last order. Called forxiga 70 tablets for 31 dollars so not really cheap.

2 Likes

Maybe I should have added that I take it first thing in the morning. My reply made it sound like I take it at night.

2 Likes

Not an expert by any means, but is it a drop from 82 to 79 really that significant?

No, it would be probably 100. First night was 82 which I consider perfect. Next night was 79.

3 Likes

got it !

Thanks, for the info. None of the other “flozins” have done anything. I seem to be stuck at ~100. Maybe it’s just age and/or rapamycin. I am going to try dapagliflozin and hope for similar results.

1 Like