Rapamycin and arthritis

Yes super familiar with those diagnoses (I’m and EM and Family Physician in addition to Anti-Aging/Regen). The vast majority of folks with medial or lateral epicondylitis (the only difference between the two diagnosis is the side of the elbow affected) are not golf or tennis players. However, if Boron works for arthritis, I’d not be surprised if it works for this. I’ve however not investigated Boron in this setting - but it would make sense.

1 Like

I tried everything for tennis elbow including prp injections. This massage gun protocol worked in about 5 minutes. It was amazing:

5 Likes

Results:

Impact of long-term rapamycin treatment on age-related osteoarthritis in common marmoset

Results: Rapamycin decreased P-RPS6 Ser235/36 and increased P-Akt2 Ser473 in cartilage, meniscus, and infrapatellar fat pad, suggesting inhibition of mTORC1 but not mTORC2 signaling. Rapamycin-treated marmosets had lower lateral synovium score versus control but there was no difference in the age-related increase in microCT or cartilage OA scores. Subchondral bone thickness and thickness variability were not different with age but were lower in rapamycin-treated geriatric marmosets, which was largely driven by females. Rapamycin also tended to worsen age-related meniscus calcification in female marmosets. Conclusion: Oral rapamycin attenuated mTORC1 signaling and may have caused feedback activation of mTORC2 signaling in joint tissues. Despite modifying site-specific aspects of synovitis, rapamycin did not modify the age-associated increase in OA in geriatric marmosets. Conversely, rapamycin may have had deleterious effects on meniscus calcification and lateral tibia subchondral bone, primarily in geriatric female marmosets.

Dennis M Minton, Aditya R Ailiani, Michael D.K. Focht, Mariana E Kersh, Angela J Marolf, Kelly S Santangelo, Adam B Salmon and Adam R Konopka

4 Likes

I tend to think that tests of rapamycin beyond holding down the immune response should be cycled. Even in small creatures. The half life in mice has been reported to be 15h. Hence daily dosing is essentially continual.

2 Likes