Question as to what to do with my protocol

The one thing you need to make sure you get in the baseline is hsCRP. Otherwise a general panel will do with Kidney, Liver, Blood, Cholesterol etc. The more the merrier, but often a lab will offer a standard baseline for a set price. You may already have a set of tests you could use.

My protocol is likely to be considered to be a senomorphic protocol anyway in that it is designed to enable senescent cells to function properly.

I think it is a good idea to track Vitamin D. However, in many ways Vitamin D stands alone as it is affected by metabolism of vitamin D and inputs.

2 Likes

Not LDN, but after the COVID infection, I don’t like to drink alcohol. I just don’t like the taste anymore, and I don’t like the buzz either.

When I drink beer or wine, it’s like my body doesn’t react as it did before. A tiny glass of my favorite cognac might be a bit pleasant.

2 Likes

I have been doing a bit more research on … surprise surprise … citrate and found some interesting papers

I did think that citrate would prevent the creation of alternative splicings that cause issues with prostate cancer, but these were quite helpful additional papers.

My view as to one reason why cancer is more prevalent as people get older is … a shortage of citrate in the cytosol.

5 Likes

As citrate is one way to absorb magnesium, I have changed my magnesium threonate supplement to magnesium citrate.

It’s also a lot cheaper.

5 Likes

I have mentioned Calcium through this. If people are starting to take a higher quantity of citrate (say over 5g) then Calcium needs to be thought about carefully. It is complex and I would not wish to say anything other than it needs to be considered.

A sign of calcium depletion is an increase in blood pressure. If anyone trying this protocol is not supplementing with calcium citrate at all and encounters an increase in blood pressure calcium depletion should be considered as a cause. (for which one solution to be considered is calcium citrate). However, this is complicated and would need consideration for each individual as calcium in the diet is also important.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about adding calcium to my dinner to bind to oxylates.

2 Likes

The patent has now published. I attach it.

WO2023199024-A1 (7837767).PDF (3.3 MB)

8 Likes

The RDA for calcium is around 1000 mg, for those of us who don’t drink milk, calcium citrate should be a superior calcium supplement?

I obviously take a lot myself.

1 Like

@John_Hemming Thanks for posting. There is quite a lot in here. I could not get my arms around the exactly what was being patented. The gist I understood from you before was to consume more citrate. I already take magnesium citrate because of your recommendation for more citrate. I’m also now considering calcium citrate for oxylate binding.

2 Likes

Its quite complicated because ordinarily there is a level of citrate in blood serum. Hence when you take citrate initially the level in blood goes up. There is, however, a high intensity citrate transport expressed in liver cells that drags citrate out of blood and it is then metabolised in the liver cells. There is a half life of about 30 minutes.

Hence whilst citrate levels are higher than normal a limited amount of citrate gets into cells with a lower level of citrate.

Cells have citrate from the mitochondria and the problem arises when the mitochondria don’t provide enough citrate to the cytoplasm at times because the citrate carrier is underexpressed (a Nuclear Factor Kappa B issue).

Hence how much you take and when you take it matters. The balance between cations also matters.

When I am running a high citrate level I take some every 30 mins to an hour (although some times I miss it out for various ordinary life reasons where I am doing something else).

An additional complication is that cytosolic citrate inhibits glycolysis.

In the end, however, you can simply take a mix of citrate at certain times during the day.

2 Likes

So, when sedentary, take some form of citrate every hour or so, basically? Maybe mix it up to get other benefits, such as from magnesium (citrate), calcium (citrate), phytonutrients in citric fruits (citric acid)?

1 Like

@John_Hemming

I read this and thought of you. Ketone esters.

“We showed for the first time that oral KE (ketone esters) led to an increase of acetyl-CoA and citric cycle intermediates in the brain of non-fasted mice.”

Ingested Ketone Ester Leads to a Rapid Rise of Acetyl-CoA and Competes with Glucose Metabolism in the Brain of Non-Fasted Mice - PMC.

5 Likes

Thank you for this. I am currently engaging in an acetate precursor. ACCS2 converts acetate to acetyl-coa

2 Likes
5 Likes

There is an aging journal club that meets every weekend (at varying times on sunday and saturday). This saturday at 6pm UTC I am presenting my hypothesis on aging Launch Meeting - Zoom

2 Likes

here is the presentation/discussion

3 Likes

Thanks @John_Hemming . This was interesting. I’m also enjoying your video on sleep. I never heard of aspirin to get back to sleep. I’m going to try that the next time it happens.

1 Like

The problem with Aspiriin is that it lasts for more than one day so it will adversly affect sleep the next day after you take it.

2 Likes

The mechanisms of sleep disruption after NSAID administration may relate to direct and indirect consequences of inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis, including decreases in prostaglandin D2, suppression of nighttime melatonin levels, and changes in body temperature.

@John_Hemming Okay. Thanks. This is new info for me. NSAIDs negatively impact sleep.

But why does aspirin help me go back to sleep? Does it suppress cortisol or adrenaline acutely?