Physical and Mental Effects of Rapamycin

I’ve been taking 6mg of Sirolimus for 5 months now. It’s somewhat hard to put your finger on but I notice some subtle effects physical and mental. Among them slightly increased appetite (never been a big eater and never been overweight). Been waking up somewhat fatigued in the morning despite no change in lifestyle. Mentally, somewhat decreased concentration, like mind constantly idling but not focused. Conditions do not impair daily activities but can only describe further as being noticeably “off”. Hard to explain really. Anyone experiencing anything similiar?

3 Likes

Are these effects only on the day you take rapamycin, or the entire week (I’m assuming you are taking 6mg in one dose, once per week - is that correct?)

3 Likes

Yes, that’s correct. Effects seem to peak mid-week and taper off slightly but do not diminish entirely.

1 Like

Yes. On the day I take my dose, I feel foggy and my appetite is increased. I don’t understand it. I’m trying to find information that explains it but haven’t yet.

1 Like

There are many people who feel foggy the day after taking Rapamycin, myself included.

What is your weight, and what is your dose? And are you taking the rapamycin in concert with any specific foods (e.g. fatty foods, or grapefruit juice)?

I felt this more in the first couple months. I also felt it when I took a big dose. The effect lasted for 2 weeks. I don’t notice anything now that I’m not being too aggressive.

1 Like

I’ve been taking 6mg a week and have noticed no discernible effects at all.

1 Like

I’m in the PEARL clinical trial. Three arms, placebo, 5mg and 10mg. I believe I’m on 5mg or 10mg and lean towards it being 10mg, given how my arthritis, rheumatoid and osteoarthritis has disappeared, along with some appearances of very minor infections. I weigh 150lbs and do not take with fatty foods or gf.

6 Likes

My wife and I are using 5mg/week . Once we hit twelve weeks we will try 10mg weekly .
Let’s see if we can notice any changes . We are 70/72rs old ,active on hrt therapies

7 Likes

My weight is 173lbs I started at 5mg Rapamycin per week on an off day from exercise. We are increasing to 8mg weekly.
My wife is using same dose her weight is 128lbs
From my reviews of leading mds I see doses at 10-20mg weekly’s

1 Like

could you list a few names of those?

David Santino and Matt karberan researchers

1 Like

No - most people are lower, and even the researchers frequently pause. Matt did it for something like 8 weeks at 8mg I think, then paused after his shoulder got well.

See our survey on dosing here: What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

The higher you go, the more the need to do regular blood work to check to see that the rapamycin isn’t affecting lipids and/or glucose metabolism. If you track what Bryan Johnson is doing, you’ll see he’s adjusting his rapamycin dosing levels and frequency to minimize any issues in this area. See the Bryan Johnson threads…initially he was doing 13mg once every two weeks (biweekly, as he says,), now he’s rotating 6mg and 13mg on a weekly basis: blueprint

And See here:

3 Likes