Pearl Trial Unblinding

I was in the Pearl Trial. Finished in September. I found out I was on placebo so they will give me Sirolimus for a year. Have to decide between compounded or generic. Leaning towards generic. It will be the same protocol as on the Ageless RX website. My numbers didn’t change. I’m 70 years old and my Glycanage test put my age at 36 during the trial. Looking forward to the real thing. Has anyone else in the trial get their results?

8 Likes

Sorry to hear you were on placebo. Thanks for sharing. Did they say anything about when they will start sharing any aggregates results / data from the trial?

1 Like

My advice… Definitely go generic… it is coated. It needs to get past your stomach acid to be effective.

1 Like

Nah, Sajad says they have tested both and they are pretty equivalent (at least for their supply), see Bioavailability of Rapamycin From Compounding Pharmacy - #32 by szalzala

4 Likes

They gave no timeline for the trial results. I’m curious to see how the compounded did.

2 Likes

I would have to pay more for the generic but I think it’ll be worth it. I haven’t heard anything real positive about the compounded from Matt K or Sabatini. I noticed you are getting the generic. Where are you getting it from and what is the cost compared to Biocon Rapacan?

1 Like

Thank you so much for being in PEARL. We couldn’t have done this trial without participants like you .
Sorry to hear that you got selected for placebo.

We’re getting ready to publish a bioavailability study comparing compounded capsules with the generic tablets. The paper is in the hands of our medical writer, and we hope to submit the paper to publication in the next couple weeks

As for PEARL results - there’s a lot of data to comb through. It’s in the hands of our statistician right now. We’re coming up with a plan to share the data with the community. One thing we have to be careful with is how to present the data before it gets submitted for peer review publication

We are really hoping that PEARL participants choose the compounded capsule option so we can continue to follow for longer periods of time. However, since you were on placebo, it doesn’t really matter since you’re essentially starting over again

13 Likes

My medication is from a prescription and I have used Dr. Reddy- Sirolimus; Greenstone - Rapamune; Now on Zydus - Sirolimus.

I have Labcorp tested all three over the past 3 years and they appear to be equal.

7 Likes

Thank you. Appreciate the info.

1 Like

I almost fell over I was also placebo… I was 110% sure I was on actual, I had mouth sores, jittery energy and a weird rash.( and I had started spotting at 64😳)

4 Likes

The power of the placebo effect is amazing.

3 Likes

Wow! Do you know if you’re going to choose generic, or compounded? I decided on generic.

2 Likes

Do you know what they are charging for generic? I already bought some from India?

Just guessing from the email we got. The difference between the two is $55 a month which I imagine will include bloodwork and Dr visits. I have an appointment with Virginia on the 29th and will let you know what she says. Sounds like they will follow you and the offer is for a year. The compounded is no extra charge. Did u get the Biocon Rapacan from India?

1 Like

Yes the biocon Rapacan .thanks I appreciate all info! I have been taking 3mg of the biocon per week with no effects. I was so sure I was not on the placebo I ordered so I could start taking immediately after the trial. I am still in denial that I wasn’t on the actual!

2 Likes

After my Pearl Trial completion, I continued on with the generic, but now since the unblinding and offer, I’m going to go with the compounded. (I was in the placebo group :expressionless:)

2 Likes

Hi Philippe. It will be interesting to me to see if you notice a difference between the two. Keep us posted.

1 Like

I get how you’re wondering if there was a mistake. But now you get it for a year gratis, so that’s nice. I had zero indication I was on anything so it makes sense to me that I was on placebo. And Virginia told me 90% of the people that she talks to have said they had no side effects. I’ll keep you posted.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind my asking, what kinds of levels did you labcorp test reveal? I just tested mine for the first time earlier this month. 8mg dose resulted in 14ng/ml about 6 hours after ingesting. I just repeated the test with 2mg dose and grape fruit juice, also 6 hours later, but I have not gotten my results back yet.

3 Likes

I haven’t tested yet, but when I do, I will let you know.