New Peter Attia interview w/Matt Kaeberlein, inferior bioavailability of encapsulated rapa

so we can see that there is nothing such as a pure pill

3 Likes

Hello All - First time posting here. I am definitely concerned that I may not be getting rapa into my blood after hearing the new Peter Attia interview part on bioavailabilty. For about 1 year I have been taking a weekly dose of 4 MG of Biocon Rapacan with GFJ taken 4 hours prior. The description says the tablets are film coated but I am pretty this is not an enteric coating.

Wondering if anyone has tested blood levels after using this or a similar Indian bought supplement?

Also wondering if it might be easier to try to find a doctor that will prescribe the US made generic that has the enteric coating, though I know this will be more expensive.

Next step will be to try testing after a dose. Any input or advice is appreciated.

3 Likes

Biocon and Zydus sirolimus are fine - lots of people have done blood tests to check their blood sirolimus levels and its definitely getting into the blood at good levels. I recommend you review this entire thread and you can see people reporting their results: Inexpensive Serum Blood Test for Rapamycin - #40 by Agetron

You may want to check, just to see how your body is responding: How to get a Rapamycin (sirolimus) Blood Level Test

All these drugs are usually being used by organ transplant patients. If they didn’t get the sirolimus into their blood, I think the patients would be very aware of it… the drugs (along with other drugs) help prevent organ rejection.

2 Likes

Instead of 4 hours beforehand, maybe try 2. The multiplicative effect of grapefruit drops off quickly at the 4 hour mark. So the sweet spot is between 1-4 hours. After 4 hours, your body regenerates the enzymes and you get back to normal 1X absorption quite quickly. I try to aim for 2 hours to be in the “sweet spot” of maximum Rapamycin absorption.

And of course, your biology may be different. You could have a shorter sweet spot than most or longer. It’s hard to tell, so play on the safe side.

3 Likes

Thank you for the info! I will view the threads you recommended.

Thank you, I will try GFJ 2 hours prior to dosing.

I stuff my pills into enteric capsules. You can get 2 into a capsule

It would be interesting to do blood / sirolimus tests so that you can compare the regular tablets by themselves (which ones do you use?) and your double packed tablets. I wonder if there is any difference in terms of blood levels or the “curve”.