New Idea for dosing Rapa

The idea is to dose like normal, followed by another smaller dose maybe 8 hours later. It seems to me that the idea is to get a greater area under the curve, and this would accomplish that. You would still be in about the same place at the end of 2 weeks, which is the crucial part as near as I can tell.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Interesting idea that might increase the AUC, but why would it necessarily do so? Also, peak levels might be important for penetration into some tissues, especially the blood-brain barrier.

1 Like

I doubt anyone in this forum has the tech to determine if that would help or hurt? Would you need to determine if mtorc2 was altered by this dosing?

1 Like

Its a dosing strategy that is somewhat similar to what this guy who was trying very high dosing levels used: One User Trying Very High Doses of Rapamycin, and Negative Adverse Events / Results

We really have very little data on the optimal dosing right now - all we know really is that the Mannick Paper was successful with a dosing schedule at 1 week for Everolimus (RAD001): mTOR inhibition improves immune function in the elderly - PubMed

Anything other than this is just speculation without much data behind it… it could work better, or not. I’m not even sure how we’d test to know if its better. yes - you are right, it will increase the AUC. But so would just higher single doses.

Unfortunately, right now its really hard to tell.

1 Like

It just looked to me like the high doses cause a very steep curve down and it is eliminated, which seems wasteful to me. I thought a longer lower curve would give it time to be absorbed into more tissue?

Pure speculation, I just though maybe somebody would have an insight that I had not heard of , thanks.

2 Likes

That is true; for the first few hours after dosing its an exponential curve downward, then it flattens pretty quickly out to a more linear curve. I’m just not sure how much additional value you get out of two sharp spikes over one… and sadly, very hard (if not impossible) to measure the benefit such as things are right now WRT measuring autophagy or mTOR inhibition, etc.

1 Like