Near infrared light therapy: Any experiences?

The Omnilux study I posted earlier used the Visia system.

1 Like

JMO: Doesn’t look very dramatic to me. Red light therapy may work better for somebody that has a skin condition such as acne enlarged pores etc. But, otherwise, I say; meh when it comes to age-related skin wrinkles, etc.

2 Likes

From using Eco Face Platinum, I notice that the skin on my face appears to be more even-toned, smoother, and the pores appear to be smaller.

I also notice that in addition to some improvements, the mask seems to prevent the skin from getting worse (such as more wrinkles). I know this because if I stop using it for a few days, my skins looks a bit worse. Yes, the effects are subtle. However, they may add up over a long period of time.

I have not been using my IR system, but I there is an argument for systems that improve a bit of health as long as they work synergistically. I take a lot of exogenous melatonin so that which I might get from IR would not really have that much impact, however.

Great idea! I don’t know where around here a person would go for this, but if I knew about it I would have tried. They probably do the scans pretty cheap. Followed by the sales pitch.

1 Like

Just do a google search on the nearest large city to you, with “visia scan” and you should find some skin spas that provide the service. It seems to be a service many provide for free as part of their efforts to upsell you to additional skincare services.

2 Likes

Biomax 900, I use 20 minutes trunk, 20 minutes torso pretty much daily. Better sleep, no more cold sores on my lips. Redness around my nose pretty much gone.

I meditate pretty much daily so adding red light is a easy addition.

Check out https://www.alexfergus.com/ for more info.

2 Likes

I thought trunk = torso. I’m not sure what you meant by “20 minutes trunk, 20 minutes torso.”

3 Likes
3 Likes

Interesting paper. There have been many papers describing the negative drawbacks of fluorescent lighting. This is the first I have read about the drawbacks of LED lighting.
Of course, I have completely converted to LED lighting in my home.

"In relation to this, it may be significant that, while old domestic incandescent lighting contained significant NIR elements, none is present in modern strip lighting or energy-saving domestic lighting [12]. The absence of these wavelengths from artificial lighting may have long-term consequences. As longer wavelengths penetrate deeply, this may be of significance not only for the ageing eye, but also potentially for other tissues.

2 Likes

Another example of one person’s red light setup:

• This video shows my (low budget) red light setup. It cost about $600 to set up. The cost of the lights has gone up, so it would be closer to $900 nowadays… still much cheaper than Joov panels.
3 Likes

Hi, Are your lights medical grade lasers?

Of course, they are not lasers!

How different is most of this from the LLLT of Forever Healthy Online Meetup November 2020 - YouTube ? Why are you not advocating for LLLT instead?

Because LLLT is not practical for whole-body treatment. Laser therapy is best left in the hands of professionals. LED IR therapy is more practical for the whole body and is safer for amateurs.

2 Likes

I’ve only skimmed the thread so maybe its already been mentioned. The Vielight has a lot of studies to back it. Photobiomodulation Research and Clinical Trials - photobiomodulation research studies - Vielight Inc

Devices - Vielight Inc, I’ve been looking at the neuro duo for brain stimulation. This is LLLT aka photobiomodulation. PBM has been shown to clear beta amyloid plaque and does other neat things to the brain.

1 Like

I am only using it for my skin. So, far it’s a distant second to tretinoin 0.1% cream.

I just got the numbers back from my yearly checkup. I try to land on upper 40’s to lower 50’s for vitamin D because that’s what Michael Lustgarten says is best for all cause mortality. It’s always been in that range and I have to supplement 5000/day to achieve that.

This year my number is 79. When I built the crazy setup you can see above, I bought a second Sperti lamp because using one lamp would only irradiate 18 inches of my trunk and it seemed a little stupid. I’ve been sitting in front of a Sperti for 5 or 6 years and it has had very little effect. Suddenly 2 Sperti’s and it jumps 30 points?

I know the UVB is bad for you and the IR helps to calm things down. I wonder if the IR helps enough to actually increase the Vitamin D.

The other thing that sticks out from my numbers this year is that my Testosterone has been slowly working it’s way down (last year it was 411) and now it came in at 690. I take nothing that will increase my T. Would the lights do that? I can’t think of anything else.

Just thought I’d toss it out there and see what comes back, thanks.

3 Likes

Presentation starts at 9:08, and ends at around 35:00. The intervention uses 590 nm.

He’s not as engaging as Andrei Gudkov, or Vera Gorbunova. But the info is interesting enough, that he got full engagement from the host, Prof Andrea Maier, from 35:58 to about 49:23.

Prof Maier called the intervention a new human solar panel (35:57).

1 Like

Originally the red lights were all laser, now studies are showing LEDs work as well. They are cheaper with less heat, very low maintenance, low power consumption.

1 Like