My DOG, My PARTNER, and ME: A Week by Week Rapalogue

Interesting… thanks for posting this observation. I was not familiar with this research until now. The research does seem to suggest this:

Recently, evidence indicated that the rapamycin-eluting stent which was used worldwide may contribute to an increased risk for thrombosis. On the contrary, other researchers found it was safe. Thus, it is necessary to clarify the effect of rapamycin on thrombosis and the corresponding mechanisms.

Results

The effects of rapamycin in vivo were evaluated by modified deep vein thrombosis animal model. The platelets were from healthy volunteers and the platelet-endothelium (purchased from ATCC) adhesion in cultured endothelial cells was assessed. Membrane rufflings in endothelial cells were examined by confocal and electron microscope. Thrombus formation increased in rats that were injected with rapamycin. Electron microscope analysis exhibited microvilli on the rapamycin-treated endothelium in rats. Rapamycin enhanced membrane ruffling in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) and adhesion of platelets to HUVECs. The platelet-HUVECs adhesion was attenuated when cells were treated with cytochalacin B. Inhibition of autophagy by 3-methyladenine led to suppression of membrane ruffles in HUVECs and augmentation of platelet-endothelial adhesion.

Conclusions

In conclusion, we found that endothelial membrane remodeling induced by rapamycin is crucial for the adhesion of platelets to endothelial cells and thereby for thrombosis in vivo, and that the endothelial membrane remodeling is autophagy dependent.

2 Likes

I am acutely aware of this, I have something called factor five Leiden, thankfully only heterozygous for it, and it increases the likelihood of getting clots. I had a DVT in 2009 after a perfect storm of circumstances, and don’t want to repeat that again.

3 Likes

I take a lot of melatonin, but never before I go to sleep. Always to extend sleep. I rarely take it before 3am. Last night my first melatonin was after 4am.

3 Likes

Thanks. I think it may be more complicated (and simpler) than that. Here’s a quote from the study description of a proposed clinical trial to use Rapamycin to treat nosebleeds in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT):

“ Pre-clinical research has suggested that the pathogenesis of HHT is as a result of overactive mTOR and VEGFR2 pathway. Sirolimus has been found to work as an mTOR inhibitor to prevent the effects of overactive mTOR that results in arteriovenous malformations in a HHT.”

Link to trial notice: Sirolimus for Nosebleeds in HHT - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

3 Likes

James- makes total sense, glad it is working for her. Inhibition of mTOR maybe what causes clotting/thrombosis in a lot of the studies…whatever it is, glad she’s having good results!

2 Likes

Quick Update

ACARBOSE

My partner and I have been using Acarbose on-and-off for these past several weeks, typically at a dose of one pill (50mg) with the first bite of a meal. Sometimes we notice no effect. Sometimes the added gas is dramatic.

We’re not into a regular pattern on Acarbose. I wonder if it matters if we go days without using it. When we do use it, it’s typically once a day at dinner, as we don’t want gas at work through the morning or afternoon.

MELATONIN

You’ll recall that I bought 60 capsules of 60mg Melatonin. I have been taking these most nights. All I can say is Wow. Those suckers knock you out.

Here’s what I’ve learned.

I read that Melatonin only lasts in your body for 5 hours or so. My experience is that it lasts 11 hours in my body. Ask me how I know.

Some people recommended that I not take Melatonin before bed, but rather in the middle of the night. So I tried that. I set my 60mg capsule next to the sink and took it for a few days around 3am, or whenever I arose to use the bathroom. When I awoke in the morning I was dizzy and tired.

Some recommended that I take Melatonin right before awaking in the morning. I wasn’t sure how to time this, but I managed to awake around 5am several times and took the 60mg capsule then. I was a grumpy soul all damn day.

Some recommended taking Melatonin around midnight, as that’s supposedly the time of maximum natural Melatonin production. I tried this and things were marginally better but no great.

I tried taking Melatonin just as I was tucking into bed and had even better results. That is, deep sleep, easily falling back to sleep during the night, and not too tired in the morning. Still, I noticed that I was prone to daydreaming through the early morning and had something akin to brain fog.

So I decided to try the advice that most people give for Melatonin: take it 60-90 minutes before you want to fall asleep. This was a winner!

Taking Melatonin around 9:30pm for an 11:00pm sleep time seemed to work very well. I was fighting sleep by 11pm, ratcheting up my eyelids like cartoon characters used to do on Saturday mornings. I would sleep well, fall back asleep well, and be much less drowsy in the mornings. Still, I noticed I would yawn through the morning in meetings when I never did so before.

So I tried another experiment. On a Friday night I took Melatonin at 9:30pm, went to sleep at 11pm, but slept-in as long as I wanted on Saturday morning. Even as I began to awake in the morning I could roll over and fall back into dreaming just as easily as I did as a teenager. The effect seemed to wear off around 8:30am.

That made me realize that my body is taking around 11 hours to process this Melatonin. No wonder I was so drowsy when taking the capsule in the early morning hours.

I tried one last experiment. Last night I took Melatonin around 8:30pm, still planning to fall asleep around 11pm. From 10-11pm I was engaged in mortal combat with the sandman. I prevailed, fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow at 11pm, woke up once or twice to use the bathroom but fell instantly back asleep, and awoke naturally around 7:30am.

Ta-da! 11 hours.

As for the health effects of Melatonin, I’m not sure I’m noticing anything. I’d hoped that its supposed effects on mitochondria might make me feel more energetic, but I’m still in low gear through the morning. Lower than usual actually.

Since I have 60 capsules I plan to take this supplement for a while longer. Something I read said it could take several weeks to get accustomed to Melatonin megadoses. I’ll keep taking them and let you know if anything changes.

P.S. When I have early morning deliverables I skip Melatonin, so once or twice a week.

RAPAMYCIN

For several cycles I have been taking heavy doses of Rapa every three weeks.

I took 7mg of rapa with grapefruit, eating grapefruit 2 hours before and again with the pills. Then I took a quick 6mg straight in a one week cycle. Then I took 12mg of rapa with grapefruit, following the above grapefruit process.

One thing I noticed right away is I have gotten muscle cramps in the days immediately following the massive doses, including calf cramps awaking me at night, and weirdly, chest cramps when I jumped up backwards to sit on a high flat shelf. In both cases the cramps continued even after I stopped using the muscle, and in fact the contractions were increasing in strength, so much so that I had to fight to stretch the muscle out and was sore for days afterwards.

I’ve also noticed a persistent barely noticeable twitch in my upper lip on the right side. This continues for weeks after the dose, but goes away by week three. In my life I have had eye twitches from time to time, especially when under great stress. Never have I noticed upper lip twitches before. As I say, they are not noticeable in the mirror, but I feel them. They’re not constant, but do happen a few times every day.

Other than these side effects I haven’t noticed any other persistent effects.

Some have said that very high doses (20mg with grapefruit) gave them diarrhea. I did not experience this with 7mg or 12mg with grapefruit. I am about 190 lbs by the way.

I haven’t noticed any other effects on vision, shoulders, or gums. In all three cases I noticed changes quickly upon taking rapa but no changes since. In fact, as I continue to work out I’m aware that I still need to be careful with my shoulder. Also, if I read the iPad for too long, say on a Saturday morning, my eyes will take a while to recover, blurring my distance vision for an hour or so until my eyes readjust.

I’m ambivalent about continuing with large grapefruit doses.

Part of me wants to try 18mg with grapefruit, as kind of the upper limit of what seems sane and also to really shock the system, like revving an older engine to work out the gunk in the carburetor. Another part of me feels like I maybe want to give my body a break. Acarbose, Melatonin, Rapamycin, Creatine, Beta-Alanine oh my. I’m tempted to take a 30 day break from all of it at some point, as I’m concerned my body is getting tired of being stretched.

Perhaps this is why many of our physician-heroes seem to settle on 6-8mg rapa weekly. Maybe slow and steady wins the race.

For now, I’m at the start of Week 3 for rapa. With these big doses I do think 3 weeks between doses is reasonable. Later this week I’ll decide what to do with the doses this time.

PARTNER AND DOG

My partner continues to take rapa, either 5mg a week or 5mg with grapefruit every other week. She hasn’t noticed any further effects on her periods or on her body, which is disappointing to her. It had seemed that rapa might make her periods less heavy. We’ll continue to monitor her health and see if any other effects arise.

Our dog is still taking 3mg rapa weekly. She’s 12 years old and perky and fun, about 40 lbs as a healthy weight. No news on this front.

I’ll continue to be in touch! :+1:t4:

11 Likes

Thank you. I love reading your updates!

3 Likes

Thanks for your post @HigoMe33 - very informative!
A quick question - do you use a sleep tracker at all? I.e. Oura or Apple Watch etc.
And if so, have you noticed any before and after changes in measurements of deep sleep, REM, etc before and after Melatonin?

2 Likes

I’ve never used a sleep tracker. I probably should. From time to time my partner says I snore pretty badly. It makes me concerned that I might have sleep apnea. I feel like the proverbial idiot who refuses to go to the doctor because they are afraid they might be sick. I just really don’t want to wear a face mask gadget when I sleep, so I keep hoping that better fitness or better sleep might help.

Anyhow, that’s a rabbit hole I suppose. Bottom line I’ve never used a sleep tracker so I don’t have the data. If that changes I’ll share what I find.

I have used a fitbit for a few years. I currently use a Sense and may go to a Sense 2 partially because the charging is getting a bit flakey and partially because these things are improving and it may be worth having the newer version.

I have also used the E500 which although it made up the glucose readings and I was not persuaded by the blood pressure readings did a reasonably good job on sleep (for the price). I still prefer Sense.

My favourite system for tracking sleep in terms of accuracy was Muse, but keeping an eeg on my head in bed is a real faff. I am managing to keep the CGM in place given my new location. Fitbit has generally been OK and as a compromise between accuracy and practicality it has hit the spot.

Even though when I am doing breathing exercises/meditating (more breathing exercises really) it can think I am asleep and it ignores short sleeps at times I don’t know how I would cope without it. I had a really serious insomnia problem which is not exactly resolved but I have it under control. Without some vaguely objective sleep tracker I would not have been able to assess what works and what does not.

1 Like

Try the snorelab app You can use it for free and it will quickly tell you if youre in the apnea Danger zone

1 Like

Try some simple remedies first. As you age, the soft palate in the back of the roof of the mouth softens. It is a decline in muscle. So that could be a factor. Do you snore primarily when lying on your back and not on your side? That would be an indication.

A simple remedy is mouth tape. I no longer get reports from gf that I snore. It doesn’t eliminate snoring when on my back - but it does help. I sleep on my sides and that eliminates it with the tape.

I think you are quite rationale in your fear of seeking treatment. The sleep apnea industry is driven by its coverage by Medicare and insurance. Way to broad a therapy for the larger population. I would label it medieval medicine in many cases. Good luck!

2 Likes

That is a massive massive dose of melatonin. That’ll spike your blood levels to orders of magnitude above youthful natural levels and has the potential of effecting glucose tolerance and other hormonal systems. I take 0.3mg of slow release melatonin per night as recommended by Huberman, Stanfield, and Attia.

1 Like

@HigoMe33 Any further updates? It’s been a while… How are things going?

1 Like

That is a massive massive dose of melatonin.

In the broader sense the largest OTC single dose of Melatonin is 400mg. (a suppository)

However, there are people like myself who habitually take a lot of melatonin. The concentration of melatonin in the Cerebro Spinal Fluid at peak is possibly 5-20 times as high as blood serum (it is difficult to measure). Hence if you want to have your brain washed by melatonin (during sleep) at the same concentration as happens in youth you need to have a higher level in blood serum than is normally the case (even for children).

However, it has quite complex effects beyond its involvement in sleep so people need to be careful and see how it affects them. It can have the effect of preventing the Cortisol Awakening Response (or causing it).

More recently I have been in the habit of taking 12mg tablets every 10 minutes when waking at night. Last night I took 30 of those (a total of 360mg of melatonin). (twice I took 5 at once to have a dose dependent effect) However, I have learnt how to use melatonin to the best effects.

Because it is such a complex molecule in its effects it affects people in different ways and people should be careful and work out what works for them. Timing is a key aspect. Megadoses may not work for everyone.

I am providing a sample for a wide range blood test at 9.30am today so I will have blood results for anyone interested. (I do this every week, however).

Hello Again! Yes, it’s been quite a while! One thing led to another and I ended up being away longer than expected. But yes, I’ve been missing the site, I’m back, and all is well. :slight_smile:

Let’s jump right in to updates!

Month 10 - Rapamycin

You’ll recall that I decided to take some very large doses of Rapa in the Spring, just to rev the system, not as a forever change. I did exactly that. It’s probably how I got out of the habit of writing, as I was taking a dose and then waiting 3-4 weeks before the next one. I wanted to experience a few cycles before writing and then the time just got away from me.

I think the most I took was 12 pills with olive oil and grapefruit 2 hours before and with dosage. I believe I did this once, but the previous time was 10 pills with the same regimen and I think I did it one time earlier at 8 pills and the same.

What did I notice? Not a ton of observable effects. No diarrhea as some people have had. No physiological aches, pains, or discomfort. I will say that somewhere deep inside I was indeed revved up. I didn’t particularly like that feeling, but as I say it was just a feeling.

I’m not sorry I took those doses, and could imagine doing so once a year for a cycle or two. I definitely took a minimum of 3 weeks between doses to give my body the time it presumably needed to clear the rapa and reset.

I will say that after those three large doses over, what, 9-10 weeks, I felt like my body needed a bit of a break. I didn’t take rapa for probably 6 weeks after that last large dose. I didn’t notice anything weird in the meantime.

When I restarted I decided 6 pills is probably about right, on a weekly schedule.

The last thing of note on this subject happened in late summer. I took a vacation and had an order coming from India (have they gotten faster or what?? My India orders have been arriving in 10 days or sooner).

Anyhow, I took 4 weeks off in late summer. When I started back up I took 6 pills and whoa! I was in high gear for two days straight. It reminds me of a an older woman on this site who said that her older husband took rapa and suddenly did every chore he’d been procrastinating on for 6 six months. I felt like I had afterburners on. I was more joyous, energized, patient, social, and mentally sharp than ever.

I’m not sure why?

Could it be that the new pills from India were more potent somehow? I doubt it.

What I suspect is that the Rapa has been working in my body all along. (At this point it would have been about Month 9, a month ago.) I feel like I recall people on this site saying that certain positive effects began to kick in at 6 months, 9 months. Someone mentioned longtime tremors going away at around this time.

Have any of you noticed particular changes from Rapa that seemed to take 6-12 months to show?

In any case, I have a major deliverable once a week. A big complex meeting I lead. I’ve begun taking rapa the morning before the meeting. Maybe it’s just a Dumbo Feather, but I swear I’m a better leader on Day Two after rapa than Day 5, 6, or 7.

I’m still taking just 6 pills, once a week, usually with Olive Oil but not always. This is my long-term plan. It’s convenient with the 6-pill packaging that my rapa comes in, it’s in the Manick range (from her human trials in the late 2010’s), and it seems like the right level for the rapa to clear from the system.

In fact, if I stop taking it with Olive Oil that would be so that I can be sure I’m at a very low level before taking the rapa again.

By the way, I have continued to gain muscle mass over these months, even whilst taking rapa. I lift heavy two days a week, hitting my whole body each time. So the rapa is not negatively affecting that growth.

My Partner

This is an interesting story. You’ll recall my partner is in her early 50’s, at what I suppose is called peri-menopause. If I’m in Month 10, she’s probably in month 8, as she delayed her start.

The rapa didn’t have any other obvious effects for her over month of those 8 months. There were suspicions that it was affecting her cycle, but the changes weren’t reliably there, like month after month, so it was hard to tell what might have been a rapa effect and what might have been peri-menopause.

When I asked her what she’d like me to say on this rapalogue she did have a lot to say. About hot flashes.

I mentioned that we went away on a vacation in August. Neither of us took rapa while away. With travel and whatnot we were 3-4 weeks without rapa.

As soon as she stopped taking it—and she’d been taking it religiously for those whole 8 months; she didn’t go big like I did and didn’t take a big break like I did—so as soon as she stopped taking rapa she started getting hot flashes. She’d never experienced these before and was in awe at how powerful and annoying they could be. Her face would flush red, she would start to sweat.

This continued throughout the vacation and has continued since. It’s a remarkable coincidence, that as soon as she stopped taking rapamycin her body kicked into the next stage of menopause.

During this rapa-pause she also got the onset of her next period just 3 weeks after the previous onset. Since her periods can last 7-10 days it was just 10-14 days after the bleeding had stopped that it started up again. This is without rapa.

Again, it’s hard to say what might have happened anyhow. But again it’s a remarkable coincidence. The appearance is that rapamycin was affecting her ovaries and cycle, and when she stopped there were several noticeable effects.

She has now been on rapa for perhaps 3 weeks since the vacation. She says the hot flashes might be diminishing, she’s not sure. They certainly didn’t stop on a dime when she resumed taking it.

Tangentially she finds the hot flashes so strange. She says they seem to be related to her state of mind. So if she thinks of something that work that’s a big deal suddenly she’ll get a hot flash. Sometimes when she gets up at night to use the bathroom she’ll get a hot flash from the effort of getting up or wrapping back up in bed.

I’ll keep you up to date on how this progresses. She does have an appt with her OBGYN to hopefully start HRT (hormone replacement therapy). That could begin as early as this month.

Does anyone have info about taking Rapamycin while on HRT?

My Dog

My dog is doing super great! She’s 13 now, a poodle mix. She’s been taking rapa all along… except perhaps during our vacation. I can’t recall if my partner set up dog-sitter to give the pills or not.

In any case, my dog is really shining. I believe the effects continue to mount. Just the other day I noticed that when I get home from work she is jumping off of the couch and coming to say hello. For ages this hasn’t been the case. She’d usually just sit on the couch and side-eye me.

So the improvement in her energy, sociability, and overall health continues to shine. Her eyes are getting a bit cloudy which I hate to see. But she seems to still be seeing fine. Certainly well enough to find the treats I throw, and to wrestle with other dogs, enjoy walks, and get around the house.

Other Family

I have shared the idea of rapa with several older family members. I used the dog as a good example of the effects. Have you all read Attia’s book, Outlive? It’s fantastic! He dedicates an early chapter to Rapa. I shared this chapter with them, too, plus my handout (is it still at the top of this chain in post #1?), and my rudimentary explanation of how rapa works regarding cell maintenance, mimicking calorie restriction in some ways, pulsing doses, and Manick’s study.

So far my extended family members who are in their 70’s haven’t noticed anything in particular. They’ve been taking rapa for probably 6-8 weeks. They’re taking 4-6 pills once a week. That was my recommendation, based mostly on weight (is that right?).

I’ll keep you in the loop if anything changes on that front.

Other Health

I was excited to get a blood test in late spring. It was 6 months after I started rapa. But when I compared the this-spring numbers to the last-fall numbers I had moved negative in several respects. That is, as noted on the Levine Age Calculator, or whatever it is called.

The doctor didn’t do all the tests I had asked for, so I had several blank numbers into which I submitted last time’s numbers. But even if I tested those numbers a little higher or a little lower my results were net worse.

How worse? Not much. Last Fall I registered 3-5 years younger than I actually am. This time I registered at my actual age.

I plan to do another blood test in November, at around the 12 month period of starting Rapa. I plan to insist that the rare and random blood tests are added to the day so I can do an accurate Levine spreadsheet age. We’ll see what comes of it.

Why might my numbers have gotten slightly worse?

I wonder if my heavy rapa dosing in the Spring might have affected anything. I wonder if some of these numbers just vary and I tested on a bad day. I wonder if a very high protein diet (50-100g), or the sunflower oil I take daily (was 3-4 drops, now 1-2), or the heavy weights, or the heavy stress I was feeling in the Spring, or who knows what might have tweaked my numbers.

I was also thinking that last year’s November blood test came after 6 months of warm weather in which I was pretty active. The Spring test came after 6 months of cold weather in which I was pretty sedentary, apart from the weights twice a week.

Anyhow, the test disappointed me. I probably would have posted right then if the test showed big improvements. The not better numbers made me feel a bit ashamed to share them. Now that it’s been about 4 months since the test I feel like I can be open about it.

My partner got a blood test around the same time. She continues to test 8-10 years younger than she is. So her numbers were consistent with her November blood test. At the time of her Spring test she’d been taking rapa for 3-4 months. She does a lot more cardio than I do. I bet that helps the numbers.

Peter Attia’s book on exercise has me rethinking my exercise regime. I was surprised to hear his emphasis on Zone 2 training, which means low-level exercise at the threshold where you can speak complete sentences but just barely. He recommends 4x45 minute exercise sessions a week in Zone 2, which is 70-85% of your max heart rate. (If Max=180, Z2=126-153, the higher number would be for the very fit.)

Other Medicines

I mentioned that I was taking very high Melatonin. The bottle was 60 capsules so I took 60mg of Melatonin for just about 60 days straight. This was over the late winter, early spring. Could this have affected my blood test?

I’m not sure I noticed any pronounced effects from the Melatonin. As I believe I said before, I settled into a routine of taking the capsule about an hour before I wanted to fall asleep. It usually hit me like a ton of bricks by then. I generally slept pretty well, although I did still wake up most nights to use the bathroom. There were a good number of days when I felt a little groggy in the early morning and fewer but notable days when I let groggy for as much as the whole day after taking the capsules.

But some days I was just fine. It seems that my body would get accustomed to the melatonin and I would awaken normally, but if I took a few days off (I didn’t want to be groggy for my weekly meeting) I would feel the grog upon resuming the Melatonin.

One reason I took the molecule was its supposed benefit for the body’s mitochondria, “the powerhouse of the cell.” I didn’t notice more energy during those 60 days. I also didn’t notice feeling more well or less well during this time.

Attia’s “Outlive” mentions that the Zone 2 training is super-important to your mitochondria, to help your cells have more mitochondria and better mitochondria (by cleaning out the slacker mito’s that aren’t doing their job any more). This has me thinking about my mitochondria again.

Back in the day I bought two 60pill 60mg pills of Melatonin, two different brands. My plan was to see if one brand was better than the other. Imagine my surprise when they both had exactly the same bottle with different brand stickers on them, and both bottles had the same Lot number on the bottom, printed in the same place, in the same font, in the same color. Yeah, they were both from the same facility.

Anyhow, I started taking that second bottle last night. I opened the bottle fresh, and pierced the seal, but weirdly I didn’t get especially tired at the one hour mark. I slept fine last night, but not extraordinarily different than the nights before. I do plan to finish the bottle, so I’m looking at 60 days ahead of me of Melatonin. If I don’t notice any special positives I’m not sure I’ll buy or take more without more impetus to do so from books, articles, or such.

I’m still eating a high-protein diet, still taking 2-4g of Creatine daily, plus 1-2 drops of pumpkin seed oil (might contribute to not losing hair), plus a tablespoon or two a day of high fiber powder (I buy 3-5 good fiber powders on Amazon, mix them in a big bowl, and then repackage them).

Plus I’ve been drinking Kefir daily since I first got the suggestion here on this site last winter. I love natural kefir! I even took it with me on vacation. Thank goodness the bottle didn’t leak. For a long time I was also eating Kimchi daily, but I think I’m going to let that go. Daily kefir is probably enough fermented food on a daily basis.

I plan to update my exercise schedule this fall, incorporating some of the things I’ve been reading and hearing. I’ve stopped taking daily Vitamin D&K, Zinc, Magnesium, and Xyertec, but mostly because it was summer. I’ll probably begin taking it all again as fall approaches. We’ll see.

I am also taking a half pill (and sometimes a whole pill) of daily Minoxidil. This is a slow-acting oral way of increasing hair growth. I think it’s having the effect, just judging by my facial hair. I stopped taking finasteride because it was annoying, but began the pumpkin seed oil and daily shampoo with high Saw Palmetto and other things. My hair has remained intact. The product is this one, pricey but seems to work well

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KZLJGHP/

What else? I can’t think of anything. I do apologize for the long wait between posts. I’m trying to only post when I have things to say, but I know it’s of interest, especially to people who may be considering beginning rapamycin. On that front I have nothing but positive things to say. I continue to try and sus out what other supplements are good ideas. I look forward to catching up on all I’ve missed in coming days.

Be well!

9 Likes

High-dose melatonin has been reported to have beneficial effects in reducing the effects of menopause and also as an inhibitor of breast cancer. If I were a doctor, which I am not, I would prescribe high-dose melatonin to all women of menopausal age.
Melatonin: an inhibitor of breast cancer

5 Likes

I’m not a doctor but i suspect your slightly "negative " blood test are definitely high dose of melatonin. when i took 6mg (nowhere near as high as you) I felt I turned into a Rhino, slow moving and slow thinking. As for taking high dose RAPA I seem to feel best results with high doses 10 pills with EVO and GFJ. Surprisingly I get ZERO side effects when I do 10 pills, but always have side effects (mainly mouth sores, and small infections here and there) when I do 5 pills or lower, weird!

So now I’m going on every two week schedule, 10 pills with evoo and GFJ, and seem to feel best this way. I also did a pause of about six weeks three months ago and felt great also. While hard to pin point I think my overall health and wellbeing is better than before RAPA. Also one effect I always get the first 3 days of taking the dose, I seem to be STRONGER that other days, but that subsides to my normal 4th or 5th day. Unfortunately, my sleep though seems to suffer a bit (And I’m one of those dudes that loves sleep), not necessary the quality of it, but i tend to wake up 1/2 to 1 hour earlier first 3-4 days after taking my dose. Could be other things though, not 100% sure it is RAPA…

1 Like

sorry to be blunt but this is simply “snake oil”. The best thing that has ever happened to my hair is this at 10% cost, makes your hair huge volume, but may need some finishing oil or spray as it makes it a bit thick/coarse. I even had someone ask if i had transplanted my hair (HUGE Volume) lol
It is actually a liquid soap (not shampoo) but who cares, its mainly natural and is great for my hair. It says cruelty free but I don’t give a shit about the cruelty part (In other words I’m a bit annoyed when I see that in a label, lol)

. Amazon.com : DR.JACOBS NATURALS All-Natural Castile Body Wash with Plant-Based Ingredients - Gentle and Effective - Sulfate-Free, Paraben-Free, and Cruelty-Free Formula for Nourished Skin : Beauty & Personal Care

1 Like

Not sure about snake oil. Saw Palmetto has some of the strongest anti-androgenic ingredients around. If it’s possible to reduce DHT in the scalp through absorption Saw Palmetto is going to help. Caffeine has been shown to increase blood flow, which is a good idea for hair retention. The anti-fungal is a new ingredient that also has been shown to have anti-androgenic effects. It’s also a nice shampoo, so it’s not like I bought water and am calling it wine. It’s a nice shampoo that is more likely than most to help with hair retention and growth, to whatever extent that is possible. I’m good with buying a bottle and seeing what there is to see.

2 Likes