My DAV* Therapy begins! *Doxycycline, Azithromycin and Vitamin C

Thank you for sharing. As you know I was part of the initial ‘DAV-onauts’ at the end of '23. Hoping to see some good results too (I think some hair has grown back, which I know is controlled by senescence). Will also be repeating the DAV protocol annually (at first - tempted to do it every 6 months).

3 Likes

I am planning another 5 week course, as soon as I get the prescription refilled {this week 03/05/2024]

3 Likes

Did you discuss any of your longevity efforts with her in the past? Just curious if she’s bringing this up completely independent of any past discussions that may have been about longevity, anti-aging, etc…

1 Like

I’ve been on rapamycin just short of 2 years. It definitely does not cause weight loss for me. I have some belly fat and was looking forward to see progress there but it hasn’t changed at all. Just the way it is.

2 Likes

Same here, I have not lost one single pound while on Rapa (over a year on it)

1 Like

Rapamycin, originally developed as an immunosuppressant for preventing organ rejection in transplant patients, has unexpectedly become a subject of interest in the realm of weight management. Let’s delve into its fascinating properties and explore how it might impact weight loss:

1. Enhanced Metabolism: Rapamycin acts through the mechanistic target of the rapamycin pathway within cells. This central regulator influences protein synthesis, energy metabolism, and autophagy. One of the significant rapamycin weight loss benefits is its ability to raise insulin sensitivity. By doing so, it helps control blood sugar levels and reduces insulin resistance. Stable blood sugar levels can prevent hunger and cravings for high-calorie, sugary foods, which is crucial for weight management¹.

2. Appetite Regulation: Sensitivity to insulin is closely tied to appetite regulation. When blood sugar levels remain stable due to improved insulin sensitivity, it can help lower cravings and prevent overeating. Effective use of rapamycin may contribute to maintaining metabolic health and achieving a normal weight¹.

3. Visceral Fat Reduction: While rapamycin itself doesn’t directly stimulate weight loss, it appears to make weight loss, particularly visceral fat reduction, easier when combined with a healthy diet and exercise program⁴.

4. Animal Experiments: In animal experiments, rapamycin demonstrated improved weight loss even on a high-fat diet. By inhibiting mTOR (a protein controlling cellular development and metabolism), rapamycin encourages fat burning over storage³.

5. Leptin Regulation: Rapamycin affects how the body produces leptin, a hormone produced by fat cells that influences hunger and metabolism. In older rats (equivalent to 65-year-old humans), body weight dropped by approximately 13 percent after rapamycin treatment².

In summary, while rapamycin isn’t a magic weight loss pill, its multifaceted impact on cellular processes and metabolism makes it an intriguing candidate for further research in weight management. As always, consult your doctor before making any health-related decisions¹.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 4/10/2024
(1) Exploring the Potential of Rapamycin for Weight Loss: A Comprehensive … https://valhallavitality.com/blog/exploring-the-potential-of-rapamycin-for-weight-loss-a-comprehensive-review.
(2) Rapamycin and Visceral Fat Reduction. Rapamycin and Visceral Fat Reduction.
(3) Harmony of Health: Unveiling the Rapamycin for Effortless Weight Loss. https://baltimorepostexaminer.com/harmony-of-health-unveiling-the-rapamycin-for-effortless-weight-loss/2024/01/25.
(4) Existing drug used in transplants causes older rats to lose weight … Existing drug used in transplants causes older rats to lose weight - News - University of Florida.

5 Likes

It might be me, but i have lost absolutely nothing on RAPA(all being equal), but I am the type that has it really hard to lose weight. The only way I lose weight is if I do protein only food for a certain period of time, or if I fast for more than two days-then my fat melts away very fast.

1 Like

Yes, in humans there has not been much weight loss, if any, in clinical studies.

2 Likes

I have started telmisartan to get my blood pressure in the optimal range (didn’t have high blood pressure). Its been really effective with the BP but have also noted visceral fat melting away.

3 Likes

FWIW

Started{04-14-2024) the 2nd round of DAV Therapy, using the same dosing/procedure as before.

Six day’s only noticed the same as before, less knee joint pain.

5 Likes

I have finished my 2nd. DAV protocol. Orginally did 5 weeks following the stated protocol. I am only taking the drugs for 5 days now because the 19th. Figure on the Google Patents study showed appx. zero on the Azithromycin Myristate Conjugate after 5 days at all doses. Also, D+Q protocol is only 3 days. I am 78 yo.so I plan at this moment to do new protocol every month, but might move to twice a month. My new dosing was 250 mg of Azithromycin twice during 5 days and 50 mg. of Doxycycline twice a day plus 500 mg Vitamin C also twice a day. According to the patent this dosing is subantimicrobal, but very effective. I live in Spain and 50 mg Doxycycline is smallest dose sold and it is a capsule. I have more clarity of mind and energy when doing protocol. I believe the older you are the more benefit you will receive. FYI: 100 uM of Az is = 78.5 mg. 100 uM Doxy = 44.4 mg.
Azithromycin moceular weight = 785
100uM x 785 = 78,500 g/mol/1000 = 78.5 mg
Doxycycline = 100uM x 444.4 g/mol = 44,444/1000 = 44.4mg

7 Likes

There is no such thing as sub antimicrobial, but the effects will increase as dose increases. To each their own but doing DAV twice per month (if I read it correctly) is borderline insane. So basically, you’ll be on antibiotics 24/7 for rest of your life. God bless you man, but I guarantee " the rest of your life" will not amount to very long…IMO max 4 times per year and that is plenty enough.

Thanks for reply, but I will put my faith into the "trained and experienced professionals " who did the studies and measured the results in the lab. In the study, “Further, some embodiments may use sub - antimicrobial antibiotic concentrations , thereby minimizing or avoiding antibiotic resistance concerns a significant benefit to the medical community.” There is absolutely a level where antibiotics have no antimicrobial effect and in this instance it is the off - target side - effect that clear out the zombie cells. "For example doxycycline and azithromycin may be administered at sub - antimicrobial doses as
known in the art for a given dosage form , such as orally at 20 mg for doxycycline , and orally at 250 mg for azithromycin . Remember my current protocol is for only 5 days and not 5 weeks as demonstrated in the study. Many dermotologist use low dose antibiotics to treat various skin infections for months if not years without a problem. I personally feel very comfortable with the listed protocol. If under 50 yo. a person would have very few senescence cells in their body, but as you age they build up. Rapamycin will slow it down, but does not clear the sick cells. We will continue to age until we learn how to repair our mitocondria. Senolytic treatment is essential for health and life span.
At 78 yo I will die of malfuctioning mictocondria way before over use of antibiotics. Dr. Alan Green takes senolytics 2-3 days twice a month, but another protocol.

4 Likes

As the member who started this thread.

I am on my second round of 5 weeks as was posted, with my modification’s

And I will continue.

The fact and ONLY thing that will count is who lives the longest!

The DAV protocol reduces senescence cells by over 90%.

You want to have a discussion with the POC of the published paper;

Prof Michael Lisanti MD PhD

M.P.Lisanti@salford.ac.uk

3 Likes

Yes, I agree that most likely DAV is beneficial, and If I remember correctly first one you did was about 6 months ago and most likely 2-3 times per year could be optimal. But as with anything, overdoing it will backfire.

1 Like

(post deleted by poster)

Got it, I misread first time around.

Based on a petri dish study on a mammalian breast cancer cell line? You’d have to accept then a lot of drugs and supplements are beneficial based on that criteria. There’s too many supplements, drugs that “cure” cancer in such a stage of study and that includes drugs that just are toxic.

This “therapy” has a clinical trial showing one component increase all-cause mortality and cancer relapse; Azitromycin. They had to stop it early since it was so toxic (people talk about it being a specific cancer population and can’t generalize, but they believe a lot of other drugs with similar generalization problems). It also can alter the rhythm of the heart, and is associated with cardiovascular death. The worm study was negative, as well. What a crap ‘longevity’ therapy, if you compared it to SGLT2is for example, with time and time again showed serendipitous findings of benefit for all cause mortality and CVD death not only in assosciation but also in clinical trials.

You will in expectation shorten your life based on this therapy and this level of evidence. I don’t care how confident someone is, that tells you other things. That’s the evidence right now.

If someone wants to bet against the house because of personal circumstances and they are aware of the downsides and what to look out for, that is up to them. The house always wins.

4 Likes

Ouch, Ouch and Ouch… LOL So much for being a “cure all” then. Don’t know much about medicine, but I know enough that antibiotics (in any dose) are NOT to be taken for prolonged periods of time. As matter of fact, I happen to know someone that did get cancer from using antibiotics, but don’t know how much of a dose she was taking and what kind.
So that I get it right, this DAV therapy will remove senescent cells, but it will do it by killing you first. In other words, it will remove your whole existence and not just the senescent cells. Got it. :joy::joy::joy:
@Joseph how are you liking @AnUser 's response. Don’t know about you, but he sure scared the hell out of me. It seems that he scared the living daylights out of @DeStrider also as he was very quick to delete his message of enthusiastically waiting his turn/age to start doing DAV. Not any longer! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Do you know his protocol?